Time to update my system!

zeukin

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Hello all from tom's hardware!

I ordered this decent build last year from cyberpower and I've been experiencing problems with it since I OC'd it. It was a bad idea doing so from the beginning.

Here's my current build

Azza Hurrican 2000 - case
X58A GD45 msi - mobo
i7 960 proc - cpu
SLI 560ti EVGA - gpu
kingston DDR3 2GIGS triple channel 1600mhz (X6) - memory
Asetek 210LC - liquid cooler

Currently I'm just thinking of getting a new mobo and cpu, but keep everything else.
Thanks! :hello:

Solution
The universal choice for gaming processor is the Intel I5 3570K. For motherboards, it depends on what you want. Overclocking? Two, three, or four way SLI or CrossFire in the future?

Use pcpartpicker and click on mother boards. Narrow your search by selecting Intel chips, 1155 chip socket, and z77 chipset.

zeukin

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I just want to replace my motherboard and CPU but keep everything else and be able to use the RAM I already have especially.

The universal choice for gaming processor is the Intel I5 3570K. For motherboards, it depends on what you want. Overclocking? Two, three, or four way SLI or CrossFire in the future?

Use pcpartpicker and click on mother boards. Narrow your search by selecting Intel chips, 1155 chip socket, and z77 chipset.

Solution