Synchronising Nokia 6600 with PC suite, please help!!

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Tried synchronising contacts from my OE address book(.wab), using default
address book and also browsing to select file. All seems to go well but log
says "0 entries updated" and nothing is updated.

So, I tried installing Outlook and imported my OE address book to that.
Synchronising from outlook works but not only does it create duplicate
records rather than updating, but also the import from OE to Outlook removed
the "+" from all my phone numbers so that all numbers start "44" rather than
"+44"(for UK) so no numbers can be called!!

Any ideas on how I can either get syncing to work from OE or export to
Outlook retaining the plus sign.

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about synchronising nokia 6600 suite help
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    We can recommend to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II (
    http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Using our program you can synchronize your data
    with Windows Address Book format and MS Outlook as well. Also you can define
    custom prefixes for numbers in 'Tools' -> 'Options' -> 'Phonebook'-> 'Import
    and export'. You can test import and export functionality even with free
    trial version of our software http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, Stuart Holmes!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile on Tue, 28 Dec
    2004 16:09:43 GMT from address me@here.com:

    >Tried synchronising contacts from my OE address book(.wab), using
    >default
    >address book and also browsing to select file. All seems to go well but
    >log
    >says "0 entries updated" and nothing is updated.

    >So, I tried installing Outlook and imported my OE address book to that.
    >Synchronising from outlook works but not only does it create duplicate
    >records rather than updating, but also the import from OE to Outlook
    >removed
    >the "+" from all my phone numbers so that all numbers start "44" rather
    >than
    >"+44"(for UK) so no numbers can be called!!

    >Any ideas on how I can either get syncing to work from OE or export to
    >Outlook retaining the plus sign.

    >TIA
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "Oxygen Software" <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote in message
    > We can recommend to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II (
    <--SNIP-->

    I'd reccmmend taking a good look at the settings on your PC and phone. Your
    PC's normally the one with the problem here. Make sure the international
    settings in the control panel are correct (i.e. all set to UK) and the
    Outlook installation was carried out for UK English rather than the default
    "American English".

    I use my Nokia 6600 with Outlook 2000 on Windows XP and haven't had the
    probem you describe - quite the opposite. My Address book and the contacts
    on my phone both retain the +44/+1/+33/whatever without a problem. If I add
    a new contact the the phone, Outlook sometimes asks me to verify the number
    format, but that's about all.

Nokia Outlook Books