Datacable Nokia 6230

I just bought a Nokia 6230. Can anybody advise me what datacable I need.
There are USB cables and linear cables, the second one twice the price of
the first one. What is the best address to buy in Holland?
Kind regards

Jan Wim
3 answers Last reply
More about datacable nokia 6230

    Helo
    You can find important information at Nokia site, and you will find there..
    that the correct cable to the Nokia 6230 should be the DKU-2
    but...

    I hope you don't get the dificulty i am passing with my Nokia 3100, i have
    already asked Nokia how to solve my problem and... nothing til the moment

    I instaled the pc suite, the DKU-5 driver, just like the instructions but...
    still the damned pc doesn't detect the nokia 3100

    To the hell with Nokia... i am getting tired

    But... good luck for you

    ; )

    "Jan Wim" <nilsfairchild@hotmail.com> escreveu na mensagem
    >I just bought a Nokia 6230. Can anybody advise me what datacable I need.
    >There are USB cables and linear cables, the second one twice the price of
    >the first one. What is the best address to buy in Holland?
    > Kind regards
    >
    > Jan Wim

    In fact I need a cable, so that I can e-mail via the laptop and use the
    cellphone as a modem. Can I do this with this DKU 2 cable?

    Jan wim

    "Nelo" <nid4spid3@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > Helo
    > You can find important information at Nokia site, and you will find
    > there.. that the correct cable to the Nokia 6230 should be the DKU-2
    > but...
    >
    > I hope you don't get the dificulty i am passing with my Nokia 3100, i have
    > already asked Nokia how to solve my problem and... nothing til the moment
    >
    > I instaled the pc suite, the DKU-5 driver, just like the instructions
    > but... still the damned pc doesn't detect the nokia 3100
    >
    > To the hell with Nokia... i am getting tired
    >
    > But... good luck for you
    >
    > ; )
    >

    > "Jan Wim" <nilsfairchild@hotmail.com> escreveu na mensagem
    >>I just bought a Nokia 6230. Can anybody advise me what datacable I need.
    >>There are USB cables and linear cables, the second one twice the price of
    >>the first one. What is the best address to buy in Holland?
    >> Kind regards
    >>
    >> Jan Wim

    DKU-2 cable is the right choice. All other cable models ( including serial
    cables ) aren't compatible with this phone. Only DKU-2 cable works with
    Nokia 6230.

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, Jan Wim!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:00:30
    +0100 from address nilsfairchild@hotmail.com:

    >I just bought a Nokia 6230. Can anybody advise me what datacable I
    >need.
    >There are USB cables and linear cables, the second one twice the price
    >of
    >the first one. What is the best address to buy in Holland?
    >Kind regards

    >Jan Wim

Nokia Cable Product