New Build Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 with Kingston new HyperX 3K ssd problems

MrThunder

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Hi,

This is my first post so thanks in advance for any help.

This is my first build and I am experiencing problems with it:

1. The boot time is very slow, it takes about 2-3min.

2. When I turn on the computer it gets past the first splash screen (giving you options to enter the BIOS) it shuts down and restarts up to five times in a row before finally booting windows.

3. My Kingston new HyperX 3K ssd is very slow when I run AS SSD Benchmark when compared to here. I think I have the SSD set up incorrectly and it is causing all my problems. I am using the SSD to run Windows 7 and the Western 1TB to store my files and an Ubuntu partition.

asssd.png

Are there any other steps I need to do to get it to work properly? So far I have the following settings:

TRIM - enabled
C3/C6 State Support Disabled in BIOS
PCH SATA Control Mode - ACHI

4. As a side (and not so important) problem my TP Link TL-WN881ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter is terrible, i had to buy a wireless range extender which is now only ten feet from my computer and i only have 3 bars of signal and my laptop has full signal. I have the latest driver, any Ideas?

Intel i5 2500K
Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 rev.2 (latest BIOS ver. FD istalled with Q-flash )
Corsair 32GB 1600MHz CL10 DDR3 Vengeance Memory
Kingston new HyperX 3K ssd (with latest firmware Rev.503ABBFO, plugged into port SATA3_0)
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB SATA III 6 Gbps Internal 3.5 inch Hard Drive (plugged into into port SATA3_1)
ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
650W Coolermaster GX RS650-ACAAD3 80+ Bronze
TP Link TL-WN881ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter
Case -Fractal Design Define R3

Cheers :wahoo: