Geforce2 MX/MX 400 TV OUT Problems! Help!

MastaRaila

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2001
Hi. I have a geforce2 mx/mx 400 video card with a Chrontel 7008 TV encoder chip (means i have TV/OUT capabilities). I am using a standard RCA composite video cable that I attached to the back of my video card and the other end to my TV set. Well actually my tv set and pc are about 15 ft. apart, so i used a 15 ft. satellite cable and rca video cable adaptors to "extend" the video cable.

I then activated TWINVIEW from Display Settings, but it doesn't detect the TV! I even went as far as downloading TVTool 5.5 (a software specially designed for TV/OUT video cards). It doesn't detect it either! I contacted my manufacturer, www.MDG.com, and he just said that i would have to replace the card! I don't think he knew about what i was talking bout! Does anyone have any ideas?!

Just for your info, I am running Windows XP Professional Build 2600. I also installed the Detonator XP v21.83 drivers from Nvidia. Would appreciate any advice.

System:
Intel P4 1.4 GHZ
256mb (2x128mb) RD-RAM
40 GIG hard disk
16x DVD-Drive
12x10x32 CDWriter
Sound Blaster Live! Platinum 5.1 sound card
Geforce 2 MX/MX 400 32 mb video card

digital_trucker

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2001
Is this one of those cables that converts s-video to RCA? If it is, it won't work. (At least, I never could get mine to). Near as I can tell, the TV OUT only works with s-video. I don't really know though, anyone else?

Yippeekiiaayyy yippeekiioohhh Ghost rabbits in the sky.

MastaRaila

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2001
no its not a cable that converts s-video to rca. the cable merely increases the length of the rca video cable. u know the white cable that comes with your satellite box or cable decoder box. i used that because of its length and bought two satellite-to-rca converters and attached them to both ends of the satellite cable. I guess you can call it a 15 ft. long rca video cable. maybe u r right about the tv out only working for the s-video port. any advice from anyone would be appreciated.