Sign in with
Your question

Cannot find server for one particular Web site

Last response: in Networking
November 16, 2011 6:42:18 PM

Hello,
All of a sudden -it worked before for ages- I cannot connect with just one particular Web site via either of my two Win XP and one Win 7 machines hard wired to a common Linksys Router/hub/switch. The message is much the same either via IE or Firefox, e.g. "server not found" I tried a Ping cmd with the same result-not found. I left the building and went to the library nearby and the Web site in question worked OK. So it appears there might be something adrift at my Linksys. Can you please advise?
Adrian

More about : find server web site

November 16, 2011 7:16:01 PM

or your ISP blocked it.

Unless youve made some changes to the router it shouldnt block anything by default.

Worst case scenario you could restore your router to factory or try plugging right into your modem and see if you can access the site.

PS: Whats the site?
m
l
November 16, 2011 8:08:27 PM

wanamingo said:
or your ISP blocked it.

Unless youve made some changes to the router it shouldnt block anything by default.

Worst case scenario you could restore your router to factory or try plugging right into your modem and see if you can access the site.

Tks for the reply --I don't think the ISP blocked it because there was no message to that effect.

A few weeks ago I did change the FTP setting on the Linksys as it was not configured for FTP ports. When that happened the IE diagnostics noted that and advised me.

The site is www.floridajobs.org

I can get on to the closely related www.myflorida.com
m
l
Related resources
November 17, 2011 6:33:35 PM

wanamingo said:
or your ISP blocked it.

My ISP solved the problem - reset the Linksys and hey presto, :bounce: 
m
l
November 17, 2011 8:03:23 PM

My ISP solved the problem - reset the Linksys and hey presto, :bounce: 
m
l
!