Good program for seeing real time FPS in game

bjfaia5

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
What is a good program for seeing realtime FPS while in game? I have heard of FRAPS but have never used it. The one I really liked (just by looking at it but I've neve used it) MSI Afterburner.

Solution

MSI Afterburner is an Overclocking utility that also allows you to alter your fan profiles and monitor your cards, which include heat, usage, clocks and fps, among other things. They also have tools for displaying that info on the screen while gaming, as well as logitech LCD screens for devices like the G13 or keyboards with LCD's.

I recommended MSI Afterburner, instead of Precision, because Afterburner works with all brands of cards, Nvidia and AMD alike. Precision will only work on EVGA cards...

bjfaia5

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

Well I didn't know if one was better than another or if one would take up more resources thereby lowering your fps. I was looking here http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/overview.htm. Is it benchmark or monitor for im game fps?

MSI Afterburner is an Overclocking utility that also allows you to alter your fan profiles and monitor your cards, which include heat, usage, clocks and fps, among other things. They also have tools for displaying that info on the screen while gaming, as well as logitech LCD screens for devices like the G13 or keyboards with LCD's.

I recommended MSI Afterburner, instead of Precision, because Afterburner works with all brands of cards, Nvidia and AMD alike. Precision will only work on EVGA cards. Trixx only works on Sapphire cards, and SmartDoctor only works on ASUS.

Solution