korinu

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
If you would like to skip my story than just read my PC specs. and simplified question below the paragraph.

I'm planning a GPU upgrade soon, but for the past 3 years I haven't been paying much attention to what's new and what's good. I've had a 5770 for a while now and I've been extremely pleased with it; however, I would like to keep up with all the new games. Currently I'm playing Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2, and Dark Souls and the 5770 does fine but not as good as I would like. I'm also extremely excited for Metro: Last Light and I know my 5770 will struggle with it as it barely played Metro 2033 on Medium settings. I'm not the kind of person that has to play everything on Ultra (even though it feels soooo good) But I would really like to play Guild Wars 2 to without dropping down to 12 FPS when I'm around more than ~30 people. So something that can play normal games on high but still be able to handle demanding games for the next few years.

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H
CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT)
RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
PSU: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 700W

So my question is: For around $200 what card would be a the largest leap in performance from my 5770?

Thank you

Solution
Factory overclocked cards usually carry far better coolers as well and if you're like me and do n't like your PC to sound like a leafblower that's a BIG addtional plus.
The performance gains vary, some cards have a more aggressive overcock and offer higher performance (for a premium of course).
My money would go on the Sapphire.

korinu

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
Factory overclocked cards usually carry far better coolers as well and if you're like me and do n't like your PC to sound like a leafblower that's a BIG addtional plus.
The performance gains vary, some cards have a more aggressive overcock and offer higher performance (for a premium of course).
My money would go on the Sapphire.

Solution

korinu

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010

Thank you, i'm going to get the SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 OC.