Sign in with
Your question

What Power Supply do i need for this gaming computer?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Gaming
  • Power Supplies
  • Computer
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
November 26, 2012 10:32:11 PM

What Power Supply do i need for this gaming computer?
I need to know what Wattage Power supply i need for this Computer.Im going to be looking at Good quality power supplies becuase currently i have an Alpine 750w Power supply which i think is Bad quality and recently it has started to make a hissing noise if i put my ear near the power supply i can hear it , someone said the voltage regulator might be damaged and reviews on amazon said they only last about a few months to half a year under pressure so i dont want to risk it blowing up and possibly damaging my other components also ive realised how improtant a quality power supply is because over time it could strain your other components and you'll be in an even bigger mess , so basicly im looking for a good quality/brand power supply not too expensive though and i need to know what wattage i need , need the power supply to be reliable under load gaming and to last long not to blow up on me in a few months :D  And what tips would you give when Buying a new Power supply and what power supplies do you reccommend brand/type wise etc , in full detail please
Thanks.

Specificiation:

AMD FX 4100 3.6GHZ Black Edition
Asus M5A78L/USB3
Kingston Hyper X Blu 2x4GB DDR3 1333MHZ RAM
Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 550TI 1GB PCIe 2.0 X16
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM SATA HDD
SATA Optical Drive DVD-RW-CD-RW Combo
TP Link Wireless Network Card 150MBPS PCIe x1
120MM 2000RPM Blue LED FAN
OLD DC Fan Contoller Which says it uses 12V?

More about : power supply gaming computer

a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
November 27, 2012 2:49:26 AM

Picking PSUs isn't very hard, for your system you can even get away with 450-550w units.

Just buy from the most reputable brands and models. To name a few:
Antec(forget Basiq), Corsair(forget CX/builder though), some OCZ(not the -Stream lines), PC Power&Cooling, some Rosewill(not Hive and bronze series), Seasonic, and XFX.
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
November 27, 2012 2:54:34 AM

Hey! Gold badge! Nice! I've been trying for one of those for awhile. :) 

And I would go with something from Antec. Their NEO ECO series is pretty solid, and you should be able to run your system off of 500W.

Corsair is alright. I personally don't have any griped against the CX, but its definitely not their best.

Seasonic and XFX both have really solid units all around.
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
November 27, 2012 2:59:00 AM

Haha, yeah. Though as weird as it may sound, I liked the look of the Silver badge better. :lol: 

Also, BA count stops after getting gold. :p 
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
November 27, 2012 3:08:26 AM

The gold looks really yellowish. And it stops? That's lame. I know I have gold in graphics and am shooting for it in this one. I've got less than 20 to go.
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
November 28, 2012 10:17:39 PM

ZS series is fairly good. Go ahead.
!