Solved

Upgrade or Custom Build?

Hello, recently I have been in a dilemma. I have been debating whether to upgrade my existing PC or build one. Here are my specs:

Case: Standard Dell Inspiron 530 case, not slim, don't know what to call it :??:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4Ghz
RAM: 2gb DDR2 @ 800Mhz
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 610
PSU: 450 watt, only 16.6A on combined 12V rails
Motherboard: Foxconn G33M02

I would have to upgrade the PSU to probably 500 watts, RAM to 8gb, Graphics to a HD 7870, and possibly a SSD and a new processor. I just don't know if this is a good move for down the road. Money is a issue :( , that's why I haven't just built one. I would like to get some advice from someone who has more experience.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade custom build
  1. What do you want to do with your computer and want are you wiling to spend on the complete build (shipping and handling included).
  2. Mainly gaming and some exporting/recording, and if I built one it would be about $917
  3. Best answer
    Hi Rainbow Meatballs.

Upgrade your powersupply and GPU. You will see a world of performance.
    The 610 is a super crappy card which you can use for PhysX. Even a 7770 or 7850 would be a big boost.

No need to upgrade your ram for now.
  4. When I bought my GPU, I knew it was crap, I just needed to get something other than the integrated graphics. And I definitely need at least 2gb more of RAM, above anything else, Everything runs very slow and crashes a lot. But thanks a lot for your advice.
  5. Best answer selected by RainbowMeatballs.
  6. Make sure it's DDR2.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems