Sign in with
Your question

My first Budget Gaming Pc Build

Last response: in Systems
November 27, 2012 3:15:43 AM

Hello, today I bought my first gaming pc parts after a lot of research, I hope I picked the right stuff :??:  . Here Is a list of everything and I wanted to know how you guys think it will run games like skyrim, far cry 3, battlefield 3, and medal of honor warfighter. Thanks

1. Cooler Master Megaflow 200m case fan, just thought I would throw that in there to hopefully get better cooling.
2. Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 120mm CPU Cooler
3. ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Motherboard
4. Corsair TX650 650W PSU
5. Intel Core i3-3220 3.3ghz
6. XFX Double D FX-787A Radeon HD 7870 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 Graphics card
7. Cooler Master HAF Computer case
8. Corsair Vengeance 8GB 240-pin DDR3 RAM

That's it what do you guys think?

More about : budget gaming build

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
November 27, 2012 3:35:07 AM

It works

the motherboard might be overkill , but if you plan to swap to an i5 or i7 processor it was a good idea

The power supply is definitely overkill . 500 watts would have been fine
m
l
November 27, 2012 3:37:05 AM

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2270271

The last benchmarks would suggest that the 6 core fx processors are actually better than i3 in newer games. They also overclock by a lot, the i3 doesn't overclock by much so you probably shouldn't be buying an after market cooler. My suggestion contradicts tomshardwars'. This is because they only test little threaded single player games, newer games, especially multiplayer ones, give an advantage to more cores as the graph suggests. So I'd suggest a fx 6300 at the same price range with the heat sink you plan on getting for overclocking.
m
l
Related resources
November 29, 2012 7:11:43 PM

sweet thanks for the comments guys!
m
l
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
November 29, 2012 9:42:02 PM

Phyrexiancure said:
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2270271

The last benchmarks would suggest that the 6 core fx processors are actually better than i3 in newer games. They also overclock by a lot, the i3 doesn't overclock by much so you probably shouldn't be buying an after market cooler. My suggestion contradicts tomshardwars'. This is because they only test little threaded single player games, newer games, especially multiplayer ones, give an advantage to more cores as the graph suggests. So I'd suggest a fx 6300 at the same price range with the heat sink you plan on getting for overclocking.

You are absolutely correct. The FX 6300 is better than any of the intel dual core cpus at the latest games.
The intel is better playing older games that cant multithread . And that explains the results from sites like this who include old DX 9 games like starcraft and skyrim

The best budget build right now IMO is
an FX 6300
asrock 970 extreme4 motherboard
2 x4 gig of RAM
m
l
December 6, 2012 2:41:19 AM

yeah so after running a couple tests I can say that this computer is a monster! WOW! It ran Skyrim, Crysis 2 ultimate edition, and Battlefield 3 at a solid 56-62 FPS AVERAGE! YAHOOOOOOOOO
m
l
!