Ugg, this is really starting to bug. So, I'm mailing back a card that I have the one in my system specs. And I go to install the intel graphics so I can utilize that for a day and its causing blue screens can't even get to the desktop. Is this something wrong with the cpu itself, windows, or my motherboard......

Intel Core i5 2500k
Asrock Z68 EXTREME4 Gen 3
MSI Nvidia Geforce 660Ti Powered Edition (Mailing back to get a gigabyte 670 due to the voltage issue)
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4)
Samsung 830 256GB SATA III SSD
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB SATA II
LG 12x Super Multi Blue WH12LS38
CM Storm Sniper
Corsair AX850 PSU
Corsair Hydro H100

Solution
it not the gpu or ram. it the mvp software issue. put your gpu back in make sure it the first boot device and uninstall the LucidLogix Virtu MVP software and then reboot and turn off mvp chipset and run just on the ipgpu.

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
Im confused. Are you getting the BSOD when using the onboard graphics? (graphics 3000 *thread title-onboard* and 660ti *dedicated card* are completely separate.) or when you tried the 660? BSOD are most common from DRIVERS or MEMORY issues. So you may be mailing back a perfectly good graphics card.

Don't really know how to give advice until we have a bit more clarification on what your using / getting the bsod from. Thanks.

Read my specs. Basically what I'm saying is this I have a 660ti that I'm sending back to in this case newegg and having a new card sent to me they gave me a pre paid ups slip so I had to ship it out today.

The BSOD is coming from the onboard graphics. The reason why I'm sending back my 660ti is because of this article that tomshardware put out.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/MSI-GTX-660-670-overvolting-PowerEdition,18013.html#xtor=RSS-993#xtor=RSS-993

My computer works fine without the intel graphics installed I mean I can't play any games but I can use my computer in 1680x1050

Just in case there is any confusion the 660ti is no longer in my possession the only graphics I have on my computer at the present moment is the Intel Graphics which I currently have an issue with.

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
K thanks for the clear up.

Two things you need to do. What Sunius said "check mem with memtest."
Second, Clean out any previously installed drivers for graphics. On board and 660ti, reinstall your on board driver and go from there. It's either mem or drivers causing it

I thmk smorizio is correct. U need to uninstall Lucid Virtu. It is designed to work with onboard graphics plus a discrete GPU. Since you no lunger have the
discrete GPU the Lucid software could be causing some or all of ur problems.

Tom

I can set my video settings to integrated pcie or pci. I don't really have a lot of IGPU options. Yea I'll try that uninstalling that software since I do in fact have it installed I'll update if I have further issues once I get my card tomorrow having lucid and the integrated working nicely together.