Driver problems

I have a problem with some drivers and I am asking for
some help on this issue. Once I installed xp from
millenium my DVD-ROM and CD burner quit working shortly
after. They were working during instalation of all my
programs after that but My CD burning software was not
capable during installation. Now my computer will not
see my DVD-ROM or CD-RW drives. It only sees my other
drive IOMEGA and C drive. I even purchased a new CD-ROM
and CD-RW drive thinking it was hardware. When I go to
device driver it is in yellow and says every time code
39? I have tried unloading,updated drivers but still
nothing.

My question was can I found the path and delete the
conflict if there is one or do I need to uninstall
everything and start over?

Please someone help

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished