Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 4, 2012 7:33:29 PM

Hello,
I have an Asus p5kpl-am/ps motherboard and Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz processor with 2 GB DDR2 RAM. Can you suggest a good enrty level graphics card? i had the xfx 9500GT but its damaged and i need a new Graphics card for gaming. Im not a hardcore gamer . . . Just FIFA and COD kinda stuff. Thanks.

More about : question

October 4, 2012 7:43:14 PM

What's ur psu???
I think 7750 will do the work
October 4, 2012 7:49:45 PM

UAhmed said:
What's ur psu???
I think 7750 will do the work



I have a basic 450 Watt SMPS
Related resources
October 4, 2012 7:49:55 PM

Quote:
I have a basic 450 Watt SMPS.


Which brand??
October 4, 2012 7:51:57 PM

UAhmed said:
Which brand??



frontech . . . Its my Cousin's PC and he left it for me. I could upgrate to a coolermaster or crossair PSu but not at the moment.
October 4, 2012 8:02:34 PM

Whats ur budget??
October 4, 2012 8:02:38 PM

UAhmed said:
Sorry couldn't ind much info on on ur psu
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/331081-28-connect-gra...

Read that thread
I think 7750 will run on ur psu
But u should upgrade it as soon as possible



Hey, thanks a lot. Really appreciate it. BTW can u tell me if it matters if a card has a heatsink but no Fan ?
October 4, 2012 8:05:18 PM

vomitoryinc said:
Hey, thanks a lot. Really appreciate it. BTW can u tell me if it matters if a card has a heatsink but no Fan ?


No way!! i don't think so :D 
U'll fry it up whil playing games :D 

EDIT:-
Well, didn't meant to say it like that, :D  was in a hurry...
So, i never recommend it :D 
But it'll run but the temps will be very high
higher temps are not a good thing for gpu.... ur pc might crash or freeze

October 4, 2012 8:07:57 PM

UAhmed said:
No way!! i don't think so :D 
U'll fry it up :D 



Lmao. a friend of mine suggested that i should get the Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 2 GB DDR3 card. but im not so sure about it
October 4, 2012 8:12:27 PM

Me neither :D 
But what's ur budget and gaming resolution
October 4, 2012 8:17:43 PM

UAhmed said:
Me neither :D 
But what's ur budget and gaming resolution



My budget is around 5000 INR which is around 96 USD. And i used to play games at the resolution of 1360x768 wen i had my 9500GT
October 4, 2012 8:22:38 PM

vomitoryinc said:
My budget is around 5000 INR which is around 96 USD. And i used to play games at the resolution of 1360x768 wen i had my 9500GT


Hmm.......
I'd recommend saving money and buying a 7750 which is 120 $
Don't know the price in india
October 4, 2012 8:24:18 PM

UAhmed said:
Hmm.......
I'd recommend saving money and buying a 7750 which is 120 $
Don't know the price in india



The Asus AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 is around 8500 INR. will have to wait a few months to buy it tho. Will it work with my current PSU ?
October 4, 2012 8:28:56 PM

Yes i think so as the 7750 doesn't need a power connector
Check the amps on the 12+ rail on ur psu........

EDIT:-
its late i gotta go
October 4, 2012 8:31:16 PM

UAhmed said:
Yes i think so as the 7750 doesn't need a power connector
Check the amps on the 12+ rail on ur psu........



Sure. hey wat do u think of the MSI AMD/ATI R6670 MD1GD5 1 GB DDR5 ?
October 4, 2012 8:37:31 PM

UAhmed said:
Yes i think so as the 7750 doesn't need a power connector
Check the amps on the 12+ rail on ur psu........

EDIT:-
its late i gotta go



HEHE me 2. thanks a lot.
!