Dual monitors through GPU & Integrated graphics?

isandy

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Is it possible for dual monitors with these items?
Monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009421

Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157304
w/ i3-3220

GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161402

The second monitor is some old Emachines monitor about 16" and with a VGA cable.

Any help on setting this dual monitor would be greatly appreciated since i have NO IDEA what i'm doing. Thanks :p

P.S. Give me as much information as you can! Also, if i got a 2nd monitor that was 23" with HDMI output would that solve my problem?(probably wouldn't get till holidays..)

isandy

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
So you are saying this situation would work:
7770--->hdmi/vga adapter--->vga cable--->1st monitor
7770--->vga cable--->2nd monitor

If i understand that then this should work too right? :
PS3--->HDMI Cable--->hdmi(female) to vga or dvi(male)

isandy

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

IS THIS THE HOLY GRAIL TO MY ANSWER?!? CAN IT BE!!!

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
You would be better off to connect both monitors to the Graphics card and not use the integrated graphics at all. Just use an HDMI to DVI-D adaptor for the second monitor. Using the Dsub input to the second monitor is often problematic in Windows 7 because of the way Windows 7 reads the monitors resolution information. Dsub doesn't support digital communication and therefore you may not be able to set the display resolution of the second monitor to match the first monitor.

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

I held off answering as k1114s' post may be the answer you're looking for. But what I was suggesting earlier was

7770---------------->>DVI cable------------------>>Monitor 1 (Acer)
7770-->>dp/vga active adapter-->>vga cable-->>Monitor 2 (Old vga monitor)

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

I make no claim on being expert myself. I only suggest that way as it only requires 1 adapter, and the 2nd monitor being the oldest, will probably be next to be upgraded and may be dp capable.

I have an asrock z68 with 2 monitors, 1 on igpu and 1 on my 560ti. I am doing this because the 560ti does not go into 2d mode (low power mode) with both monitors hooked up to it. (I also don't need virtu to use quicksync.) I am aware of the asrock eufi changes in ib chipsets vs my sb but in both asrock doesn't even have an option to turn off the igpu, just an option to switch which is primary and en/disable igpu multi monitor (and igpu ocing settings of course). If no monitor is in the igpu during post it is automatically disabled and plugging in a monitor to it will not work unless I restart the pc, where it then detects it during post and automatically enables it.

I have suggested this to many others even on other mobo manufacturers but only those with SB and IB. I've never had someone jump through loops to get it to work, they just need to make sure igpu is enabled on those mobos with the option. Older igpus most likely will not work and I haven't seen many with apus to try this, although I have seen it work on there too.

@JKatwyopc, windows 7 can read vga just fine. Yes vga is analog but that is irrelevant and so is the monitor's res; they don't even have to be the same. Rather it is the lack of driver support on some monitors/tvs that causes the plug n play driver to not work.

Robert Fraley

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
Are you still following this post? I want to connect two monitors from two HDMI ports. I have the MB Asus P8Z68M pro, I have 2500k with HD3000, Grapthics card: HD6670. I want to use the port from the motherboard. Can I use the IGPU and the PCI? according to my settings in the BIOS, it seems that it will only run IGPU, or IGPU,PCI, or PCI/PCIE.
I have tried to use the second HDMI port and been unable to use them together.
Anyone familiar with this setup?

painfield

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013

Hello k1114, do you know if it's possible to enable iGPU multimonitor using the dedicated nvidia as primary display?
I have a nvidia GTX650 + iGPU (intel on Asrock B75 Pro3-M) (both DVI-D) and 2 VGA monitors
Config is done thru intel display so I guess that's the active one, I want to use nvidia for games and video editing.
Enabled PCIe in BIOS as primary display but not working, iGPU multimonitor overrides I guess.
Thanks so much

Free101

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
If you don't get a video signal from your igpu when a dedicated graphics processor is hooked up to the system, do this: 1.Make sure that the igpu is enabled 2.Update the driver in device manager (the igpu might be shown as vga compatible device without a driver). After completing these steps your second display should show up in resolution settings and you should be able to merge screens and all that fabulous stuff. I hope it helpes you :)