Sign in with
Your question

Opinion about Gaming-PC

Last response: in Systems
November 27, 2012 2:15:55 PM

Hi guys
First of all, sorry for my bad english, i'm from Spain.

I am going to buy a new PC and I've thought about this configuration. I would like to spend about 1300 € (1687 $)

Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4Ghz

Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme6 or Asrock Z77 Extreme4

RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS DDR3 1600 2x4GB CL8

Prymary Hard Disk: OCZ AGILITY4 SSD 128Gb (I dont need more space in SSD)

Secondary Hard Disk: BARRACUDA 7200RPM 1TB (I dont need more space)

Power Supply: CORSAIR CX600 V2 BUILDER SERIES 80 PLUS BRONZE or CORSAIR GS600 V2 GAMING SERIES (I won't do any SLI or CROSSFIRE)

Graphic Card: SAPPHIRE RADEON HD 7970 VAPOR-X GHZ EDITION 3GB GDDR5

CPU Fan: NOCTUA NH-D14 or COOLER MASTER 612

And this is all.

What do you think about that configuration?

I pick this graphic card instead the Nvidia GeForce 680 GTX because it's much more expensive and the 7970 has better performance in many games or that is what I've read.

I've read in forums that the memory RAM might not fit well in the motherboard because the CPU fan is very big. What do you think? Is it that true? In this case, is it better to take the COOLER MASTER 612?

And the last question: What Case do you recommend for that everything fit in well? I've thought in a NZXT White Phantom.

Thank you very much for help me.
Greetings to all.

More about : opinion gaming

November 27, 2012 3:17:09 PM

Looks like a solid build. I'd get the Extreme 4 unless you need all the extra interfaces on the 6.

Get low profile RAM and then it doesn't matter how big your heat sink/fan is. There's no appreciable performance difference unless you are going to overclock the RAM (not recommended since it voids you CPU warranty).

As for cases, the Phantom seems to be popular. Might look at Fractal R2 or the DS1 case reviewed on Anandtech today (quiet and cool!).
November 27, 2012 3:28:38 PM

I like the build and I think you are going to be very pleased with it:

I would get the CORSAIR CX600 V2 BUILDER SERIES , no need for the gaming version.

Only suggestion would be to get 8g of 1866 memory...

Good Luck!

November 27, 2012 3:47:23 PM

I have almost the same build with the Extreme4 and Corsair 600 Builder Series. It is very fast and stable..no problems at all. You will love it.
!