Artifacts with HD 3000 and HD 7850

Oscarmk

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Hello,

3 days ago I RMA'd my Sapphire HD 7850 OC, because it was showing some really fast polygons in blueish/black/white colors specially while playing Guild Wars 2. It happened only occasionally and most often in towns for some reason. Also sometimes I was seeing white flashes.

While I am waiting for my RMA back, I decided to test the HD 3000 to make sure I was not seeing those polygons with this iGPU I played for about half an hour at a constant 20-30 fps with lowest settings, which is better than I expected, I did not notice anything, except just as I was about to quit the game, I noticed in a 5 second timeframe, a white line flash really fast twice about mid screen, covering in white part of the top screen as well. This got me very worried, I did some research and apparently this flashing is somewhat normal in HD 3000 graphics, but this white flashes are similar to what I was seeing sometimes in my HD 7850 OC, this has me very worried, as now I am thinking the problem could be somewhere else... The drivers are 8.15.10.2696 from 03/12.

Other specs are:

i5 2500k (turbo enabled, i.e. 3.7 ghz while gaming)
16 GB Corsair Vegeance
Maximus IV Gene-z/Gen 3 Motherboard BIOS - 0402 (first released BIOS)
Blue Caviar WD 500 GB
Seasonic Semi Modular 620 W PSU

I ran memtest for 8 hours without issues.

Could this be related, can something else besides the graphics card be causing this?. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Oscar

Oscarmk

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

I was checking my cpu temp with realtemp max was 58 C, unless it is the iGPU overheating?, ill check that. As for the Jd 7850 it was max 60C.

If it was a bad monitor connection it would happen at anytime right? It really only happens in Guild Wars 2. tried Diablo 3 and it ran fine.

Oscarmk

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

I think i have the newest hd 3000 drivers but I will check again. As for the MB Bios I have the first release BIOS, from what I know I should not update the BIOS unless I have some serious problems, is this not correct?

Oscarmk

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

I am thinking that too, I have googled that as well, but I dont see that many people artifacting in fact google returns only about 8 links. It Also artifactes in 3D mark but very rarely.

Oscarmk

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

I though so, no idea what it is then. It cannot be the pci port on the mb since intel hd 3000 also has them, and i doubt it is the psu it is only 7 months old and it is a Seagate. I am hoping this is just something on the intel drivers, since I do not see the flashing polygons that i was seeing with the HD 7850, but I did see 2 blank lines that kinda illuminated the top part of the screen.