Reset code for 7610

Hi

I have just upgraded the frimware on my 7610, and then did a restore using
PC Suite 6.4. Seemed to go ok, except now when I turn on the phone, I get a
System Error message. The T9 dictionary seems to have disappeared and all I
get is numerals when I attempt to write an SMS.

I figured I should to a system reset, and reinstall software, as the PC
Suite backup seemed the culprit. (Phone was fine before that) However, I
can't access that menu option in Settings.

Is there a code to trigger a system reset - restore factory settings?

Thanks
Bob
6 answers Last reply
More about reset code 7610

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, at 15:31:16 [GMT +0700] (19:31:16 Thursday, 30 December
    2004 where I live) "Bob T" wrote:

    > I figured I should to a system reset, and reinstall software, as the PC
    > Suite backup seemed the culprit. (Phone was fine before that) However, I
    > can't access that menu option in Settings.

    Not sure if that would restore your predictive text, etc., but may well do.

    Otherwise off to a Nokia "Service" Centre.

    Reset code may be "00000" or "12345", unless you have changed it?

    --
    If it's Tourist Season, howcum we can't shoot 'em, Pa?

    this is nokia 7610 master reset code.
    *#7370#

    I tried it yesterday and it worked fine.
    but I take no responsibility if anything goes wrong :)

    "John Phillips" <flatulentdingo@deadspam.com> wrote in message

    > On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, at 15:31:16 [GMT +0700] (19:31:16 Thursday, 30
    > December
    > 2004 where I live) "Bob T" wrote:
    >
    >> I figured I should to a system reset, and reinstall software, as the PC
    >> Suite backup seemed the culprit. (Phone was fine before that) However, I
    >> can't access that menu option in Settings.
    >
    > Not sure if that would restore your predictive text, etc., but may well
    > do.
    >
    > Otherwise off to a Nokia "Service" Centre.
    >
    > Reset code may be "00000" or "12345", unless you have changed it?

    A CNSC will turn you away as you have voided your warranty by upgrading the
    firmware yourself.

    Why do it when the phone is in warranty??!

    --
    Antz
    A Prosperous 2005 to all Usenet posters

    On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, at 14:23:52 [GMT -0000] (01:23:52 Monday, 3 January 2005
    where I live) ">-©LuVbuG©-<" wrote:

    > A CNSC will turn you away as you have voided your warranty by upgrading the
    > firmware yourself.

    How do you upgrade the Nokia firmware yourself by resetting the phone?

    --
    Murphy's law needs to be repealed.

    > On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, at 14:23:52 [GMT -0000] (01:23:52 Monday, 3 January
    > 2005
    > where I live) ">-©LuVbuG©-<" wrote:
    >
    >> A CNSC will turn you away as you have voided your warranty by upgrading
    >> the
    >> firmware yourself.
    >
    > How do you upgrade the Nokia firmware yourself by resetting the phone?

    Sorry mate - must have still been feeling the effects of the new year
    celebrations!

    --
    Antz
    A Prosperous 2005 to all Usenet posters
    Part of the UKtm family
  6. hey there is a code to reset nokia 7610 to factory settings.......just write this code on ur 7610 screen.......*#7370#........

Nokia