Reset code for 7610

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
December 30, 2004 6:31:16 PM

Hi

I have just upgraded the frimware on my 7610, and then did a restore using
PC Suite 6.4. Seemed to go ok, except now when I turn on the phone, I get a
System Error message. The T9 dictionary seems to have disappeared and all I
get is numerals when I attempt to write an SMS.

I figured I should to a system reset, and reinstall software, as the PC
Suite backup seemed the culprit. (Phone was fine before that) However, I
can't access that menu option in Settings.

Is there a code to trigger a system reset - restore factory settings?

Thanks
Bob

More about : reset code 7610

Anonymous
December 30, 2004 10:53:42 PM

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, at 15:31:16 [GMT +0700] (19:31:16 Thursday, 30 December
2004 where I live) "Bob T" wrote:

> I figured I should to a system reset, and reinstall software, as the PC
> Suite backup seemed the culprit. (Phone was fine before that) However, I
> can't access that menu option in Settings.

Not sure if that would restore your predictive text, etc., but may well do.

Otherwise off to a Nokia "Service" Centre.

Reset code may be "00000" or "12345", unless you have changed it?

--
If it's Tourist Season, howcum we can't shoot 'em, Pa?
Anonymous

this is nokia 7610 master reset code.
*#7370#

I tried it yesterday and it worked fine.
but I take no responsibility if anything goes wrong :)

"Bob T" <robert_tennent@sgs.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have just upgraded the frimware on my 7610, and then did a restore using
> PC Suite 6.4. Seemed to go ok, except now when I turn on the phone, I get
> a System Error message. The T9 dictionary seems to have disappeared and
> all I get is numerals when I attempt to write an SMS.
>
> I figured I should to a system reset, and reinstall software, as the PC
> Suite backup seemed the culprit. (Phone was fine before that) However, I
> can't access that menu option in Settings.
>
> Is there a code to trigger a system reset - restore factory settings?
>
> Thanks
> Bob

January 2, 2005 5:23:52 PM

"John Phillips" <flatulentdingo@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, at 15:31:16 [GMT +0700] (19:31:16 Thursday, 30
> December
> 2004 where I live) "Bob T" wrote:
>
>> I figured I should to a system reset, and reinstall software, as the PC
>> Suite backup seemed the culprit. (Phone was fine before that) However, I
>> can't access that menu option in Settings.
>
> Not sure if that would restore your predictive text, etc., but may well
> do.
>
> Otherwise off to a Nokia "Service" Centre.
>
> Reset code may be "00000" or "12345", unless you have changed it?

A CNSC will turn you away as you have voided your warranty by upgrading the
firmware yourself.

Why do it when the phone is in warranty??!

--
Antz
A Prosperous 2005 to all Usenet posters

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, at 14:23:52 [GMT -0000] (01:23:52 Monday, 3 January 2005
where I live) ">-©LuVbuG©-<" wrote:

> A CNSC will turn you away as you have voided your warranty by upgrading the
> firmware yourself.

How do you upgrade the Nokia firmware yourself by resetting the phone?

--
Murphy's law needs to be repealed.
Anonymous

> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, at 14:23:52 [GMT -0000] (01:23:52 Monday, 3 January
> 2005
> where I live) ">-©LuVbuG©-<" wrote:
>
>> A CNSC will turn you away as you have voided your warranty by upgrading
>> the
>> firmware yourself.
>
> How do you upgrade the Nokia firmware yourself by resetting the phone?

Sorry mate - must have still been feeling the effects of the new year
celebrations!

--
Antz
A Prosperous 2005 to all Usenet posters
Part of the UKtm family
December 10, 2008 4:00:55 AM

hey there is a code to reset nokia 7610 to factory settings.......just write this code on ur 7610 screen.......*#7370#........
!