OpenGL driver lost connection

RVR87

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
I recently bought the gtx690 along with a Seasonic 1250w PSU. I have my old gtx560-ti in there for physx as well.
So after I play BF3, or ARMAII for 5-10 minutes it crashes and i get this message, "The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the Windows Time-Out limit and is unable to continue." Is this a driver issue or a faulty GPU? I never had this problem when I was running the 560-ti alone. I have a i7-2600k and 8gb corsair dominator

I'm guessing a driver and/or PhysX issue. I remember way back when Cat 5.7 came out when I had an ATI card, all original MoH titles stopped working. They wouldn't even launch. A workaround was stumbled upon whereby if you extracted the OpenGL driver and placed it in the game directory, all would work fine.

It was one of many ATI driver issues. That it's happening on a two-GPU-in-one card is all the more reason to suspect driver problems. Have you tried any other drivers, and have you tried running the 690 by itself?

Any high end 500 or 600 series card doesn't really need or benefit from a dedicated PhysX GPU anyway, because such cards handle PhysX on the GPU pretty well. Do you have PhysX updated btw?

TRENDING THREADS