Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Desktop build - 1300$

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 27, 2012 5:59:52 PM

Since my laptop have difficulties running games, I consider buying a Desktop PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core
$219.99

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 74.4 CFM Liquid
$59.99

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-M Micro ATX LGA1155
$136.68

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866
$114.48

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
$52.36
OCZ Vertex 3 – MAX IOPS Edition 240GB 2.5" SSD
$163.18

Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7970 3GB
$473.21

Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 (Black) ATX Mid Tower
$114.48

Power Supply: Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
$83.76

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS524-T98A DVD/CD Writer
$29.45

TOTAL = $1327,19

I would appreciate suggestions/opinions (suggestion on the same price range) about this build considering it is only for gaming.

Also, I don't know which CPU to choose between the AMD FX-8350 and the i5-3570k, if you could help me on that point too.

Thank you.

More about : desktop build 1300

November 27, 2012 8:52:11 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($25.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($40.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($126.47 @ eCost)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($449.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.98 @ Outlet PC)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($53.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($25.28 @ CompUSA)
Total: $1140.66
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-27 17:52 EST-0500)
m
0
l
November 27, 2012 9:16:23 PM

butremor said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($25.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($40.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($126.47 @ eCost)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($449.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.98 @ Outlet PC)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($53.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($25.28 @ CompUSA)
Total: $1140.66
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-27 17:52 EST-0500)


I dont think you should get such high end stuff in a cheap case.

try this build out
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($25.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($104.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Sandisk Extreme 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($366.97 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 500R White ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1043.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-27 18:15 EST-0500)

just a bit cheaper than butremor with not that much of a downgrade.

lets you have a 750W so if you want to add another 7970 in the future you can

uses a great case which is on sale and included in a combo for even cheaper
m
0
l
Related resources
November 27, 2012 10:29:35 PM

boulbox said:
I dont think you should get such high end stuff in a cheap case.


Yes!!! I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way - it's become a very weird trend around here lately.

Here's what I would suggest:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($152.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($37.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($279.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($22.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1313.74
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-27 19:29 EST-0500)
m
0
l
November 27, 2012 10:55:09 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Yes!!! I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way - it's become a very weird trend around here lately.

Here's what I would suggest:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($152.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($37.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($279.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($22.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1313.74
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-27 19:29 EST-0500)



i still dont understand why people go with caviar black when it is so pricey and you already have enough speed from the SSD.

also dont see any difference between black and barracuda besides 5 year warranty
m
0
l
November 27, 2012 11:10:08 PM

boulbox said:
i still dont understand why people go with caviar black when it is so pricey and you already have enough speed from the SSD.

also dont see any difference between black and barracuda besides 5 year warranty


Actually PC Part Picker shows a $1 difference between Caviar Black and the Samsung Spinpoint, so I'd go with the Caviar Black just off that.
m
0
l
November 28, 2012 4:49:34 PM

antoine3990 said:
Why don't you keep the Liquid CPU cooler, is liquid necessary?


I'm of the opinion that closed liquid blocks like the H100 are never worth it. If you want liquid cooling use the real thing or don't use it at all.
m
0
l
November 28, 2012 5:10:45 PM

g-unit1111 said:
I'm of the opinion that closed liquid blocks like the H100 are never worth it. If you want liquid cooling use the real thing or don't use it at all.

If I consider Overclocking it,is it better an air cooling than a liquid cooling for $60? And what's the price to have a liquid cooling that worth it?
m
0
l
November 28, 2012 5:14:12 PM

antoine3990 said:
If I consider Overclocking it,is it better an air cooling than a liquid cooling for $60? And what's the price to have a liquid cooling that worth it?


Anything <$100 - not worth it. That's H60 / H80 territory. Strong air fans like a Noctua D14 are safer and give you the exact same overclocking results.
m
0
l
November 28, 2012 5:15:57 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Anything <$100 - not worth it. That's H60 / H80 territory. Strong air fans like a Noctua D14 are safer and give you the exact same overclocking results.

I'll go with your D14 Fans then.

Thank you :) 
m
0
l
!