2 out of 5 speakers working, SB Live 5.1 problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatimh

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
Does anyone know a fix for this problem. I have a Sound blaster live 5.1 player sound card and 5.1 speakers. But even though I've selected 5.1 speakers from the creative control options, Sometimes I only hear the tweo rear speakers, I very rarely get 4 or 5 all working!!!!!

Please help, why do we have to put up with crap like this?

BTW I have a MSI K7 Master with VIA chipset, could that be the problem.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------
Don't extract the urine.

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you are using the newest driver from Creative's web site. You will have to change speaker to other setting and than change back everytime you restart your computer. I have the same problem.

hatimh

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
I just tried changing to two speaker mode and then back to 5.1 again and it didn't change anything. I'm using win 2000.

Don't extract the urine.

hatimh

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
When I get home I'll check which version of the drivers I'm using.

Crashman mentioned that he had that problem, Crashman, was your problem exactly as I explained it? I know you're quite an addict here, so if you couldn't solve it then do I have a hope??

Anyway what 5.1 sound card are you using now? OR What is the best value for money stable minimal CPU reliant 5.1 sound card?? If there isone.

Cheers boys.

Don't extract the urine.

FatBurger

Illustrious
What the-
When did you get that title? I just now noticed. How many posts are you at? I'm at 6454 with this post.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FatBurger

Illustrious
I wasn't expecting you to get the next one so soon.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Apparently so. How many posts do you have now?

FatBurger

Illustrious
lol
That much is obvious. I could figure out roughly, but I don't feel like bothering.

Status
Not open for further replies.