Closed

2 out of 5 speakers working, SB Live 5.1 problems.

Does anyone know a fix for this problem. I have a Sound blaster live 5.1 player sound card and 5.1 speakers. But even though I've selected 5.1 speakers from the creative control options, Sometimes I only hear the tweo rear speakers, I very rarely get 4 or 5 all working!!!!!

Please help, why do we have to put up with crap like this?

BTW I have a MSI K7 Master with VIA chipset, could that be the problem.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------
Don't extract the urine.
17 answers Last reply
More about speakers working live problems
  1. If you are using the newest driver from Creative's web site. You will have to change speaker to other setting and than change back everytime you restart your computer. I have the same problem.
  2. I just tried changing to two speaker mode and then back to 5.1 again and it didn't change anything. I'm using win 2000.

Don't extract the urine.
  3. Quote:
    why do we have to put up with crap like this?

Because you bought a Live. Sorry :(

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
  4. I am using win2k too. What driver are you using?
  5. I never figured that one out either, I sold my Live.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
  6. When I get home I'll check which version of the drivers I'm using.

Crashman mentioned that he had that problem, Crashman, was your problem exactly as I explained it? I know you're quite an addict here, so if you couldn't solve it then do I have a hope??

Anyway what 5.1 sound card are you using now? OR What is the best value for money stable minimal CPU reliant 5.1 sound card?? If there isone.

Cheers boys.

Don't extract the urine.
  7. What the-
    When did you get that title? I just now noticed. How many posts are you at? I'm at 6454 with this post.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
  8. Wow, your were slow on that one, I've had this title for a while now!

9. I wasn't expecting you to get the next one so soon.

10. Well, maybe my last 1200 or so post got by you?

11. I'm using a Votex2 card right now, on two sets of speakers for 4.1. I don't really need the center channel.

12. Cheers Crash.

Don't extract the urine.
  13. Apparently so. How many posts do you have now?

14. More than you.

15. lol
    That much is obvious. I could figure out roughly, but I don't feel like bothering.

16. I would say he has roughly 8000 to 8100 posts.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
  17. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Speakers Sound Blaster Components