Sign in with
Your question

Is the NZXT Mid Tower 410 crap? New Build Help?!?!

Last response: in Systems
November 27, 2012 7:22:10 PM

I just ordered the parts for my PC:
CPU Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LX ATX LGA1155
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB
Case NZXT Phantom 410 (Black/Orange) ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply FSP Group 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

The tower came and everything is good except the button closest to the light sticks when pressing in a certain half of the button is there a fix? Also what does that button do?
November 27, 2012 7:38:21 PM

Wow 13 views and not one answer.
a b à CPUs
November 27, 2012 7:49:58 PM

The phantom line from NZXT is a great case. Your build is very good. I haven't seen a FSP power supply in a long time but I remember the quality being good. I'm sorry you haven't received responses you have a good system. Honestly, there are a lot of people on the forums who don't know how to formulate an opinion other than fan boying products so sometimes you won't get an opinion on here it sucks but its true.
Related resources
November 27, 2012 8:17:09 PM

Thanks! So is there a fix?
a b à CPUs
November 27, 2012 8:31:48 PM

Gosh I don't know about the button you may want to contact them or maybe try seeing if you can loosen it up at all.
November 27, 2012 8:45:07 PM

Thank you, you are the most helpful person I have encountered in a long while!
a b à CPUs
November 27, 2012 8:55:47 PM

Not a problem xarus. The power button area is a little funky looking at it wish I could help you more =\
November 27, 2012 8:56:50 PM

Its not that it is a bad case it is just that there are better cases at the $100 price range. if you can get it on the sale(about $60-80) then it is a pretty good deal.

This case is one i would prefer over the 410 and is pretty good of a deal right now.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-500rwt

Just saying the Cons that i do not like about the case
1)cheap rubber grommets(made it a pain for me to fit in all the wires because it kept coming off)
2)front panel because i like to use some of my 5 1/4" bays for things
3) huge case(making it feel like a full tower with mid tower specs on the inside)

the only advantage i would say 500R vs 410 is that 410 has a clear side panel to look at your stuff if you are into that kind of pron
a b à CPUs
November 27, 2012 9:13:48 PM

The issue is with the case he currently has that he just ordered so he wouldn't be looking for a new case if anything he would be looking to return his case that he has now and get a different one.
November 27, 2012 9:20:52 PM

darn i would totally send it back for the 500R deal.

i suggest just opening the 410 case install your powersupply first and try to route all your cables through the rubber holes. if you are not having issues then stick with it(or send it back and get the deal) or if it annoys you to keep putting it back on send it back and just wait another few days for the 500R if it is still on sale anyways(even if it wasnt on sale and back at the $100 mark i would still get it or a Cooler master HAF XM)
a b à CPUs
November 27, 2012 9:24:22 PM

I'm more inclined to recommend a Cooler Master HAF series case the XM is a decen't case. That isn't to say the case you have is bad either I love the Aesthetics of the case and it has great cooling.
November 27, 2012 9:58:14 PM

I just bought that same exact case not to long ago, black/orange Phantom 410 and I'm loving it. My previous case was a first rev Antec 300. I love the cable management (leaps and bounds better than the previous case) and it provides great airflow and is much much quieter than the Antec 300 with stock fans. I will agree that the rubber grommets come off super easy, I eventually left them off until I was done feeding my cables and fixed them after all the cables were through. I had read other reviews where people just took them off, since the metal cutouts are rolled over and rounded off, so the rubber grommets are really not needed anyways.

As far as the power button issue, I did not run into that issue. I'm not sure how exactly you would fix that. If it sticks because the button maybe over sized, try to use a metal nail file to file it the sides down? Or if it doesn't come back up maybe the spring on the switch is defective. It seems like a silly (but very valid) reason to have to RMA a case for, but it is an obvious issue.

As far as the performance of the case, I remember reading an Anandtech (sorry Tom's) review of the Phantom 410 when I was looking at cases and it seemed to review as one of the better mid range cases if I remember correctly. The only caveat to that review is they only used the default case provided stock fans. I wish they would have standardized the fans so that you got a real apples to apples comparison of the cooling efficiency/noise reduction of the case, as all stock fans are not created equal.
November 28, 2012 12:33:37 PM

Thank you, how would I go about returning this or trying to call in? Should I call NZXT or Newegg?
a b à CPUs
November 28, 2012 5:08:48 PM

If you had just purchased it from newegg I would call newegg and rma it if that is what you would like to do. You can say that there is a defect with the case and its damaged and you would like a replacement.
November 28, 2012 7:25:27 PM

or full refund
a b à CPUs
November 28, 2012 9:08:40 PM

or full refund. I'm just saying say there is something wrong with it so you don't have to do what some/most companies do 15 percent+ restocking fee!
November 28, 2012 9:20:10 PM

Yea, I would go through Newegg. Newegg's RMA are easy as pie. I have never had an issue with them.
a b à CPUs
November 28, 2012 9:44:43 PM

I have :p  I had an issue with a graphics card I bought where it was having some weird things going on and they wanted to make me pay restocking. I stood up told them I'm not going to pay for a damaged item that was sent to me. And they not only allowed me to RMA with no restocking but they sent me a free UPS voucher to send it back for free. Don't get pushed around ever :)  THE END
November 28, 2012 10:18:54 PM

Really? That's surprising. I think I'm 5/5 on my RMAs with Newegg, not counting one I didn't send in. I was going to RMA a monitor with one stuck pixel (almost dead center - drove me nuts). That was back in the day when Newegg was the only one that would (other places required "x" pixels in "x" area), but I was able to get the pixel unstuck after I had the RMA generated and didn't send it in. That earned alot of respect from me as a customer.

I guess I did have one where they did want me to pay a shipping/restocking fee, until I re-clarified it was defective and they covered it. My only gripe about Newegg is they do not cross-ship RMA.
a b à CPUs
November 28, 2012 10:30:21 PM

Yea don't get me wrong they are a very easy company to RMA with. But like most companies not everything is perfect you know?
November 28, 2012 11:07:03 PM

Also if mentioning RMA, Amazon is great
!