Device Driver Not Recognized on Hardware Installation

I am installing linksys hardware, but I have called them
and run through their technical support and they have
come to the conclusion that the following issue is
software/OS related rather than device related.

Please help me in any way possible - I have been owrking
on this issue for 3 days with nothing yet but failure -
Thank You in advance!

Hardware/Software involved:
WinXP Pro
WUSB11 v3.0 Linksys wireless Adapter (NOT ABLE TO INSTALL)
WMP54G Linksys Wireless PCI Adapter (NOT ABLE TO INSTALL)
CNET Ethernet PCI Adapter (INSTALLED)

The two wireless adapters work great on other computers,
but on this one I am having trouble.

Since they have been installed/uninstalled frequently,
here is something I have noticed in the device manager:

There are "Packet Scheduler Miniport" Listings that only
show up if I show the hidden items in the device
manager. The actual hardware listing is gone, but these
listing still remain. I believe this is a symptom of
whatever the problem is.

I have used the linksys install utility that you are not
supposed to use on XP, in an attempt to get around the
problem with it not recognizing the drivers for the
hardware, but it installed a WLAN monitor and the driver
independant of the actual hardware - the hardware would
still be listed as unknown.

I have only tried one wireless adapter at a time, and I
have also tried switching PCI slots and USB ports
depending on which adapter I'm trying to use.

I have uninstalled the WLAN monitor, as XP does not need
it. However, There are the several listing of the packet
scheduler miniports left in device manager, which lead me
to believe that there are files left behind or registry
entries somewhere I need to remove.

I am using the most recent and the correct drivers, and
the devices work properly on my other machines. I have
tried the whole rebooting/uninstalling the hardware on
the list, ETC, but it all ends in the same problem.

When I attempt to uninstall the packet scheduler
miniports, I recieve the following error message:

---------------------------
Device Manager
---------------------------
Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be
required to boot up the computer.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

I have attempted to disable these listings, and uninstall
on the next boot or in safe mode, but this also fails.

Thank You again in advance for your help, and I hope to
hear from you all soon! Please if you do not know the
solution, please forward me to a place that would hold
the answers, or a place I should be posting in that I
would probably get an answer from.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Benjamin
2 answers Last reply
More about device driver recognized hardware installation

    I too am having the same problem with my Linksys Wusb11
    wireless usb adapter. Windows XP will not detect the
    driver. It also worked fine on my Win2000 pc. I have
    contacted Emachine and Linksys and both say it is a OS
    issue. Has anyone got any answers for this?!!!!!

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Pam - I'm with you. It seems to be a communications
    problem between the TI PCI-1410 Cardbus. I've been on the
    phone with both Linksys and HP/Compaq. So far, I've not
    been able to resolve it and I've done a complete system
    restore. What a pain. If anyone has an updated TI PCI-
    1410 driver, please let me know. Sounds like you might
    have Ghost Drivers according to Compaq. If you want my
    chat discussion from Compaq, let me know at
    girliemen@cox.net and I'll forward it to you.

Drivers Hardware Device Driver Windows XP