Will my build work together?

I'm currently looking to build my own gaming computer (first time) and i'll be buying things from Amazon UK.

Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK Builder Series 600W Power Supply

Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard (Socket 1155, 32GB DDR3 Support, ATX, PCI-Express 3.0, USB 3.0, Asus Wi-Fi Go Remote, SLI/CrossFireX Support, Dual Intelligent Processors 3)

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 16GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Four Module Kit

Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)

Cooler Master RC-430-KWN1 Elite 430 Midi Tower with Window - Black

Already have HDD and DVD-RW.

16 answers Last reply
More about will build work together
  1. Don't forget a good quality SSD and a HDD and you will be good to go.
  2. I currently have "Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB 7200 RPM" and a "Lite On DVD-RW Drive".
  3. I would still recommend getting a Solid State Drive as it will aid with boot times and load times in games and applications. The Samsung 840 is a very good one.
  4. Thanks for the replies, also how can i tell how many fans the motherboard supports?
  5. This board has 2, 4-pin and 1, 3-pin connectors. You can buy a can controller or molex to 3-pin adapters, or splitters to get more fans going.
  6. Thanks,

I'm looking into fan controllers to control the extra fans the computer can hold, something cheap, most likely the £15 Aerocool F4XT.

I have used this part picker thing: http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/pQY0

Also is it worth buying Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO?
  7. IF you plan to overclock then yes the 212 EVO is a great buy! I use this fan controller:

Simple and works well. Also get some of these if your case fans have molex plugs:

8. Thanks for the great replies. Does that controller have on/off for the fans?
  9. No it just turns them way down.
  10. Thanks so much, your replies have been a great help. Another question (Sorry!)

Would it be possible to run the Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0 GHz (or 4.2GHz) at 1 Volt?
  11. You are very welcome! I have almost no experience with that cpu. You should head on over to the over locking forum for that one.
  12. Ok, thanks for all your help. :)
  13. Anytime man!
  14. Anytime man!
  15. I have another question, What is better? 4x4GB 1600MHz RAM or 2x8GB 1600MHz?
  16. 4x4 if your board has 4 slots. It won't make much of any noticeable difference though.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product