Sign in with
Your question

OCed 5770 random reset.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 5, 2012 9:07:45 AM

I have it on 930\1350 and never had problems so i pushed it to 950\1400 and experienced to random restarts while playing Max Payne 3 though the card temperature with always 60-70 which i think isn't too hot for a GPU, if it did restart because the card got too hot shouldn't it restore the clock speeds to factory settings?

More about : oced 5770 random reset

a b U Graphics card
October 5, 2012 9:37:25 AM

That depends on the overclocking utility you are using and whether you have ticked the box which says apply overclocking at start-up. Use msi afterburner and you can actually have the GPU temperature show in the top left of the screen as you are playing games so you can constantly monitor it. I would be more inclined to say this sounds like a voltage problem, either your PSU is not powerful enough to run the entire system and graphics card while it is overclocked which would explain the GPU restarting, or you have overclocked the card to far without increasing the voltage which can also lead to the card reseting itself.
m
l
October 5, 2012 12:22:46 PM

Yes i didn't increase the voltage and i believe my PSU is powerful enough since i have the Cougar 700cm, i am not sure how do i increase the voltage though?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 5, 2012 12:48:25 PM

rvg90 said:
Yes i didn't increase the voltage and i believe my PSU is powerful enough since i have the Cougar 700cm, i am not sure how do i increase the voltage though?

What overclocking program are you using?
m
l
October 5, 2012 1:23:09 PM

MSI Afterburner but the core voltage option is greyed out even after ticking it from the settings.
m
l
October 7, 2012 10:04:06 AM

Is it safe to use one of those voltage unlockers? and if so what is the maximum voltage that would let me clock to let's say 950\1400?
m
l
!