New Cat6 cable won't work with PC. Help!

Zieb

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
I just bought a new Cat6 ethernet network cord and it is not working with my new PC I just built. The cord I bought was this one: http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-Cat6-Network-Ethernet-Cable/dp/B00139VKUG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I am connecting it to a Realtek PCIe gbe family controller that is on an Asrock Z68 extreme3 gen3 mobo. The drivers are all up to date. I have tested this cord with my laptop and confirmed that it does work. I am connecting it via a router to my PC. All of my other ethernet cords work fine with my PC, though I do not not if they are Cat6 or some Cat5 version. I have tried changing the duplex settings to not avail. When I plug the cord in the lights slowly blink a few times and then do two rapid blinks before going blank. The light on the router for the cord just constantly does slow single blinks. I have tried doing a cold reboot of my PC and plugging every side of the cable into every router socket and my PC.

Any help would greatly be appreciated so I can get my PC out of the family room! I really do not want to have to get a wireless card for my PC.

Thanks!

Zieb

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011

The motherboard's built-in ethernet is the Realtek PCIe.

TRENDING THREADS