Hyper 212 EVO + Rosewill Blackhawk Case?

spicypotato

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
I bought a Rosewill Blackhawk which is 8.35" in width and the EVO is 6.2 inches. My question is will the EVO be a tight fit inside the case when it's mounted on the motherboard? Would that be cutting it too close to the side of the case?

I want to install a 120mm Cooler Master on the side as well to improve airflow which is an inch in width. I don't know if I'd have to sacrifice the side fan in order to fit the EVO inside the case or return the case and buy something a little wider.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
You should be fine. I have my EVO in a CM HAF 912 that is 8 5/8" wide (with a slight bulge in the cover) and a 140mm fan in the side panel. There is plenty of room. However, if your side fan is directly in line with the cooler, it will probably hit the cooler. My fan is just below the cooler. If it was in line with it, it would be extremely close.

jonjon09

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Just got the blackhawk case a few days ago and just installed the 212 evo today. the side fan hits the 212 just enough that you cant close the side panel (it is so close to closing but nope)... had to remove the side panel fan.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador