Sign in with
Your question

Looking for good psu

Last response: in Systems
November 27, 2012 10:46:41 PM

hey huys im not sure what psu i should get this is my first build
my mobo is a ASRock Z77 Extreme4 and i need atleast 750watt power supply and yes im looking to crossfire in the future thank you hope that was enough info for some help

More about : good psu

Related resources
November 28, 2012 12:58:56 AM

ik0dy said:
thanks. but i also was looking around on newegg and just curious but is this a good psu?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Brands to look for when buying a PSU are; Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, and Antec. They all use Japanese capacitors and have better reliability than other brands. The Corsair you linked is fine, I would prefer a semi-modular PSU myself, but if you don't mind the cables then by all means. I would also like to let you know that the Corsair you linked only has a 3 year warranty, but the Seasonic C12Friedmar linked has a 7 year warranty. I would recommend you look for a PSU with at least a 5 year warranty and is from one of the brands I listed, you'll get a great quality PSU that way!

Since you linked a Canadian website, I presume you are Canadian? Well then I would recommend this XFX 750w semi-modular PSU for $85 CAD: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=62224&vpn=P1750BNLG9&...

Please note that "XFX Power supplies warrantied for 5 years must be registered within the first 30 days. If not registered within 30 days, the standard warranty length is 2 years".

That is taken directly from the NCIX page!
m
l
November 28, 2012 1:05:25 AM

thanks man
m
l
November 28, 2012 1:10:35 AM

ik0dy said:
thanks man

Not a problem, this is what we are here for! Just make sure you say you are Canadian before asking in a certain price range, some websites cater to other nationalities better than others (; Some websites give better deals to Americans and vice-versa! Weird, but it usually plays itself out, like just now!

If you have any further questions please come back and ask! We'll be more than happy to help!
m
l
!