Free Mage packet online

Has anyone here downloaded the free Mage the Awakening rules/adventure
packet from WW's website? It gives us the most info I've seen yet on
Mage, including the character sheet. Some questions and comments:

What do you think of the new Paradox rules?

It's cool that magi can spend Mana to heal themselves, rather like
vampires can with blood. That's something I'd probably reverse engineer
into original Mage...

Most of these free packets usually have splat ability bonuses that
actually are NOT in the game itself. Wonder why that is?

Still not sure if I like the Morality trait; has anyone here found it
helpful or hindering? Mages' is Wisdom, tho it doesn't seem that
different from mortals' (wonder if you have to roll Wisdom if you, say,
use scrying magic to peep on women undressing?^^).

So Mage does have a Shadow Realm, which will probably be the same thing
as WtFs Spirit World. If the Gauntlet separates Mundane reality from
the Shadow, then what separates the Supernal Realms from each other?

Incidentally, Mage 1st ed states that the publication of Clive Barker's
Imagica just before Mage was a surprising coincidence. Ok, but they
can't claim that NOW.^^ Four/Five magical worlds that used to be
connected closely to Earth until magician's hubris separated this world
from its siblings? Hmmm...^_~

Are the stats that Mage Spirits have the same as Werewolf's? I wonder
if Hallows create Tass and aid resonate spellcasting? Likewise, do
Hallows sound like the same thing as the Werewolf equivalent?

I *really* like the idea of Consiliums; old Mage always lacked an
organized structure for Cabals to get things done. It's almost too bad
there's no need to engineer Paradigms anymore!

So far, the closest thing to Talismans/Wonders looks like the "Enhanced
Item" merit...(Dream and Destiny are also Merits)
Considering that what used to be Backgrounds are now *also* covered by
Merits, I really wonder if starting Merit points shouldn't be boosted
to 10...

Would be nice if they told us what a "soul stone" is and if every mage
has one...

I like that each of the ten Arcana has a "shield" effect at level 2...
I wonder what determines how many Rotes your character can start with?

Looks like MtA will be out the day before my birthday! Knew that Fate
rote would come in handy...^^

Dex

In article <1120937449.844655.177110@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Hand-of-Omega" <handofomega@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone here downloaded the free Mage the Awakening rules/adventure
> packet from WW's website? It gives us the most info I've seen yet on
> Mage, including the character sheet. Some questions and comments:

Looking it over now. I like that Matt McFarland wrote it.

Very straightforward language so far. Shame we can't see more of the
magic system, but it is just a intro packet, after all.

I'll read the adventure later.

--
Tyler

m o c t o d o o h a y t a h c t i v o n i l b