Major gameplay bug in BF2...

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 24, 2005 11:15:17 PM

Well my ranking just took a big hit in teamplay points thanks to a horrible
bug. I caused about a half dozen teamkills because the game started reporting
teammates as enemies. THAT'S RIGHT: Teammates showed up on my screen with red
nametags, had red chat text, and their names were on the enemy scoreboard!!!
By the time I realized what was happening, I had a teamplay score of -32 and
got kickvoted like some retarded griefer.

Why on Earth did they release this (otherwise great) game with so many crash
bugs, an unusable server browser and the stupidity described above?

More about : major gameplay bug bf2

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 2:37:50 AM

"mvs" <mshane@alice.org> wrote in message
> Well my ranking just took a big hit in teamplay points thanks to a
> horrible
> bug. I caused about a half dozen teamkills because the game started
> reporting
> teammates as enemies. THAT'S RIGHT: Teammates showed up on my screen with
> red
> nametags, had red chat text, and their names were on the enemy
> scoreboard!!!
> By the time I realized what was happening, I had a teamplay score of -32
> and
> got kickvoted like some retarded griefer.
>
> Why on Earth did they release this (otherwise great) game with so many
> crash
> bugs, an unusable server browser and the stupidity described above?

It's called an open Beta test, unfortunately...

Perkins
June 25, 2005 3:47:01 AM

"mvs" <mshane@alice.org> wrote in message
> Well my ranking just took a big hit in teamplay points thanks to a
> horrible
> bug. I caused about a half dozen teamkills because the game started
> reporting
> teammates as enemies. THAT'S RIGHT: Teammates showed up on my screen with
> red
> nametags, had red chat text, and their names were on the enemy
> scoreboard!!!
> By the time I realized what was happening, I had a teamplay score of -32
> and
> got kickvoted like some retarded griefer.

Known problem. In the demo, too. Lots of people complaining in various
forums. I've had it happen to me twice.

Another way to get teamkills? Be a medic and accidentally hit '4' instead
of '5' to switch to your medkit. '4' is for nades. Doh!
June 25, 2005 4:03:11 PM

Don't think you should loose points either if some teammate is dumb enough
to run over your mines.

--
RobertJM

"Nonymous" <noham@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "mvs" <mshane@alice.org> wrote in message
>> Well my ranking just took a big hit in teamplay points thanks to a
>> horrible
>> bug. I caused about a half dozen teamkills because the game started
>> reporting
>> teammates as enemies. THAT'S RIGHT: Teammates showed up on my screen
>> with red
>> nametags, had red chat text, and their names were on the enemy
>> scoreboard!!!
>> By the time I realized what was happening, I had a teamplay score of -32
>> and
>> got kickvoted like some retarded griefer.
>
> Known problem. In the demo, too. Lots of people complaining in various
> forums. I've had it happen to me twice.
>
> Another way to get teamkills? Be a medic and accidentally hit '4' instead
> of '5' to switch to your medkit. '4' is for nades. Doh!

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 4:04:07 PM

Sure you just didn't get team switched...

--
RobertJM

"mvs" <mshane@alice.org> wrote in message
> Well my ranking just took a big hit in teamplay points thanks to a
> horrible
> bug. I caused about a half dozen teamkills because the game started
> reporting
> teammates as enemies. THAT'S RIGHT: Teammates showed up on my screen with
> red
> nametags, had red chat text, and their names were on the enemy
> scoreboard!!!
> By the time I realized what was happening, I had a teamplay score of -32
> and
> got kickvoted like some retarded griefer.
>
> Why on Earth did they release this (otherwise great) game with so many
> crash
> bugs, an unusable server browser and the stupidity described above?
June 25, 2005 4:04:08 PM

Same thing just happened to me. Checked and checked again and the guy being
reported as being tked was definitely on the enemy team.

"RobertJM" <robert@rockNObottomSPAM.plus.com> wrote in message
> Sure you just didn't get team switched...
>

> --
> RobertJM
>
> "mvs" <mshane@alice.org> wrote in message
>> Well my ranking just took a big hit in teamplay points thanks to a
>> horrible
>> bug. I caused about a half dozen teamkills because the game started
>> reporting
>> teammates as enemies. THAT'S RIGHT: Teammates showed up on my screen
>> with red
>> nametags, had red chat text, and their names were on the enemy
>> scoreboard!!!
>> By the time I realized what was happening, I had a teamplay score of -32
>> and
>> got kickvoted like some retarded griefer.
>>
>> Why on Earth did they release this (otherwise great) game with so many
>> crash
>> bugs, an unusable server browser and the stupidity described above?

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 9:48:21 PM

> Don't think you should loose points either if some teammate is dumb enough
> to run over your mines.

It's spelled "lose", not "loose".
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 9:29:37 PM