Sign in with
Your question

Video card on its way out

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 5, 2012 6:49:49 PM

Hey all,

I've broken a blade on my GTX560ti and expect overtime the bearing will fail.

I'll replace it in a month or so, but will I see good gaming performance with this PC..

Core i5 760 @ 3.2ghz
4gb DDr3 1600mhz ram
GTX560ti

Basically, some games (mechwarrior online, world of tanks etc) have been starting to slow down to the region of 40fps. When will I start seeing myself CPU capped? I really can't afford to upgrade to a Sandybridge rig yet, so would upgrading to say, a GTX 660ti, see much improvement, or should I go for the cheaper 560ti as I'm CPU bound?

More about : video card

October 5, 2012 7:20:25 PM

Thanks for the link, though I think I'll go for the 660ti given that it's quite a bit faster. Could somebody let me know if my CPU is a bottleneck for this GPU yet, or will the core i5 760 @ 3.2 still last me a while?
Related resources
October 5, 2012 11:58:20 PM

I'm no expert but i'd say your CPU will be fine and you could even OC it some more if you wish.
a c 112 U Graphics card
October 6, 2012 12:54:53 AM

How bad is the vibrations? It may cause other issues if the vibrations get too bad.

I was asked to look at a system that was excessively loud. Had some blades missing from the cpu fan.

They I was told they had knocked the system over in the past.

Yeah, guess that may do it.

If it is not overheating or vibrating like bastard, it should last for a bit.

You may be able to zip tie a fan to the cards heatsink to keep it going for a while/permanently s well.
!