Is this motherboard compatible with my processor?

kassuba39

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Solution
Yes, your CPU is a socket AM3 and your motherboard is a socket AM3+, AM3+ motherboards are backwards compatible with AM3 socket types!

It's compatible!

kassuba39

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks dude! Would a Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB work well with the CPU and Mobo? I intend to play games from Cod 4 to Skyrim. Thanks!

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012

On low to medium settings, maybe high for Cod 4, however Skyrim is more CPU intensive, so you might be able to get away with medium settings for Skyrim depending on the resolution of your monitor. What's your PSU brand and wattage? Just want to make sure that you have enough power to run this (;

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012

I'm getting the assumption that you are making a budget build, but buying that PSU will most likely burn it out and/or explode right when you fire it up. It says 485W PSU, but the actual wattage you'll get out of this thing is around 360W. It's not a real "485W" PSU and to be even more honest with you, it probably won't even give you 360W at all.

To measure the real wattage of a PSU, look at the side that has a label with the Voltages and Amps listed. To measure wattage it's Voltage x Amps = Wattage. Your PSU has 53W on the 3.3volt rail, 125W on the 5v rail, and 180W on the 12v rail. In all that's 358W. No where near the advertised wattage.

To me and to everyone else who builds computers, the PSU is the #1 MOST important component in the entire build, why? Because if it's a cheap PSU it can really explode with fire, burn itself out, and most of the time take your other components with it, so that includes your motherboard, CPU, GPU, hard drives, fans etc.

I would highly recommend you get a PSU from these brands instead; Seasonic, Corsair, XFX and Antec. These PSU brands have Japanese capacitors in them that allows them to hold voltage currents better and more stable than the cheap knock offs and these brands also have amazing warranty as well, the Compucase PSU you linked only has a 1 year warranty, while the brands I listed have a warranty of 3 years MINIMUM most of the time, if it's not 3 years it's either 5 or 7 years, I've even seen some with 9+ years!

I recommend this PSU for you: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371045&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

I understand if you can't afford it, but I would strongly recommend you reconsider your current PSU choice. This is the cheapest, but best I could find in your area and to my knowledge of your current setup, it should run it just fine.

Here's a Corsair one if you would prefer it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Sorry, I just cannot let someone buy something cheap and it end up blowing up on him and he will have to spend more money to fix something rather than saving money by going with something better...

kassuba39

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Hey that's an incredible piece of advice! Thanks! I'm happy I didn't get that because it would really suck to buy all those components to have them blow up. ;) I think I'll get the Antic. This is my first PC build so I thank you for all of your help! Hopefully it all works out well!