Should i get this version of 680 or go with 670

msallak1

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
hey guys

i found this card http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008AFZ0VQ/
anyone tried it ?

or i should go with 670 , and which brand is best? tell me best gtx 670 card please
don't just give me random answers , if you tested that card or using it tell me if you just found those information in some sites , may it won't be helpful

i am just confused because i want buy the card tomorrow and still don't know which card i should get.

thanks

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
True the 670s non-ref tend to OC @ the same. I like the EVGA cards because their customer service is top of the line. 24 tech support on cards, warranty that covers OCing if you burn up your card, & transferable warranty. Definitely the 670 is the better buy.

msallak1

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
hihihi
i still confused which 670 brand i should go with , i heard msi pe oc edition has problem , and the gigabyte x3 is not good card
so should i buy computer without card X_X or what

Here's a review of the EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphics/display/evga-geforce-gtx-680-superclocked-signature-2.html

It looks like a very good card. If you can afford the extra $100, then I would go for it. There is a performance difference over the GTX 670, even if it is small.

Quote:
"The GeForce GTX 680 SC Signature 2 features an improved power system and comes with increased GPU and memory clock rates which help it be an average 6-7% faster than the reference GTX 680. The high-efficiency and quiet cooler, numerous accessories and 3-year warranty should also be mentioned among its advantages."

redeemer

Distinguished
Yeah, I agree. Some people on these forums are making a big deal out of the MSI situation. You have to keep in mind these forums are being overrun with AMD fanboys these days. Their hallmark is to try to exploit any angle they can, real or imagined, usually imagined. Don't fall into that trap.

By the way, did you know that: Kepler cards are severely bandwidth limited, PhysX sucks, Adaptive VSync sucks, Turbo Boost sucks, AMD no longer has driver problems, AMD cards are always better and faster than their Nvidia counterparts, AMD cards are better at AA, AMD cards are better at tesselation, AMD cards overclock a lot more than Nvidia cards, AMD cards are better at high resolutions, AMD cards are better at compute tasks, Crossfire scales better than SLI, AMD cards are more future proof, and that AMD cards are a better price-performance value?

If I may ask Matto are you a Fanboy?? You claim that AMD fanboys say this and say that, but you have alway stated the opposite meaning pro Nvidia everything. I have never seen you recommend an AMD gpu for starters, even now where AMD clearly has command of performance/price ratio. I am just baffled because you are very quick to point out a fanboy yet you seem convinced that you are neutral.

redeemer

Distinguished
I was hoping you'd get a kick out of that. It's pretty much every single AMD fanboy response on every single thread that gets repeated over and over ad nauseum. Just don't ask me to do the same for the Nvidia fanboy responses, because those are naturally more well thought out and factual.

Nevermind you just answered my question

Guys, it's time to stop hijacking the thread.

The choice for me comes down to whether you can afford the 680 or not. The Signature 2 is 6-7% faster than the stock 680, which is in turn 6-7% faster than a stock 670. Of course, the 670 can overclock to 680 speeds, but then again the Signature 2 can overclock as well, in excess of 1200+ mhz. If you want top performance and can afford it, get the Signature 2. If you want to save some money, and still be happy, get one of the Asus GTX 670 DirectCU's.
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-GeForce-GTX-670-DC2-2GD5-GTX670-DC2-2GD5/dp/B0081IFO2C/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1349483545&sr=1-7&keywords=gtx+670

I second this and sorry about the other comments i will delete mine ;)

If you check out the XBitLabs review, they do a thorough testing of the cooling and noise properties of the Signature 2.

msallak1

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012

may i won't overclock, does overclocking damage the card?

and if i want put 2 gigabyte in sli in future will it give same fps as 690

i just want know why people don't prefer gigabyte , what issue with it

thanks

msallak1

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012

.no i didn't

i will check it out, and that site looks awesome, i think i will give it a look

If you don't know what your doing yes you can damage the card even kill it sometimes lol and no two 670 would not out preform a 690 unless they were overclocked the reason i don't prefer gigabyte is the card feels cheap to me i don't like the way it's been made that doesn't mean it's a bad card i think personal experience differs from one brand to another thus why so many recommend different brand names they are all good though imo.I just prefer Asus,MSI,EVGA because i never had a bad experience with any cards i have owned from those company.

msallak1

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012

than i think i would buy a good card and i won't overclock it, i will just buy second one if needed.

Reading it now thanks bud. ;)

That's one advantage of a GTX 670/680, with Turbo Boost they take advantage of each game's unused power threshold and overclock automatically to maximize performance. It's virtually impossible to ruin your card through manual overclocking, since the card will adjust itself to stay within its power limits. Unless you have one of those defective MSI cards, like bigcyco has.
http://www.eteknix.com/reviews/graphics/nvidia-geforce-gtx-680-the-nitty-gritty/3/