grassyuk

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
I currently run a 6870, i feel like i need a boost in performance playing games like BF3 however the fps is playable. If i were to upgrade i would buy a 7970 or a 670, i'm into the buy the best card for the money and not sli or xfire'ing.

Should i hold on till the 2013 card releases since there isn't really any new games coming out 2012 and would the 670 or 7970 handle 2013 games at max 1080p?

You have asked this question twice i know of in other threads i think you really don't want to wait so just get a gtx 670 or 7970 there no such thing as future proof but i have notice cards seem to be good for two years after that time to upgrade

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

After the new consoles come out both cards would crush hell even a gtx 460 would out preform.. I really dont see the xbox 720 or ps4 being anything as a "wow factor"

I am not sure what your talking about are you in wrong thread :lol:

I wouldn't advise you pick a card that way but to each their own.It basically would boil down to which games you play if you care about Adaptive VSync what res monitor do you want to do anything else like use OpenCL applications, transcoding, WPA/WEP Cracking, RAR Cracking, Bitcoin Mining etc. Both cards are close these threads asking one vs the other card it's just asking for a big fight so many subjective answers. Video cards are so much more than just FPS. It is a larger construct of value proposition based upon your desired level of gaming.

1. What is the best playable experience I can get with current games with THIS card?
2. What is the power draw for THIS card?
3. How is the driver support for THIS card?
4. How loud is THIS card?
5. How much does THIS card cost?
6. How is the vendor support/warranty for THIS card?
those are some of the basic things you should ask when looking to buy a card imo because there no such thing as future proof unless you believe anybody can see into the future which i don't believe is possible.When you ask which is better between a AMD card or a nvidia all that your going to get is confused or brain washed.