Jakeybob

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
So I'm trying to switch from integrated graphics to my new video card but my PC doesn't seem to recognise that the card is installed. I've tried downloading the latest drivers and downloaded the autodetect program from AMD but it says that it couldn't find my OS or device? Any ideas?

Solution

To make sure everything is kosher:

Step 1 uninstall all graphics drivers.

Step 2 Turn off computer, modern graphics cards need all of their power plugs to have the appropriate power supply cables attached, do so.

Step 3 Restart computer, and go into the BIOS.

Step 4 Disable integrated graphics, look for the option to change "initial display", change it to PEG

Step 5 Restart computer, install 7950 drivers, enjoy.

If you still have problems...

Kresler

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Take the card first. Go to the device manager and disable the integrated card. Shut down the computer and install the card. It should work after you do that. At least it worked for me.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

To make sure everything is kosher:

Step 1 uninstall all graphics drivers.

Step 2 Turn off computer, modern graphics cards need all of their power plugs to have the appropriate power supply cables attached, do so.

Step 3 Restart computer, and go into the BIOS.

Step 4 Disable integrated graphics, look for the option to change "initial display", change it to PEG

Step 5 Restart computer, install 7950 drivers, enjoy.

If you still have problems, amd recommends you have at least a 500w unit, or your pci slot could be too old.

Would help if you gave your motherboard specs.

Solution