Asus MB and 3 sdram chips

G

I have an Asus P2B-F motherboard (4 sddram slots, up to 256 each, for a total of a gig). I recently bought 4 256 PC100 chips. First of all, the computer will not run with 3 or 4 chips installed -- only two. And with the two installed, my win2k can't be put on standby or restarted/shutdown properly. It will just hang. But when I go to safe-mode, it doesn't hang. Is there anything I can do to get all 4 chips to work and to get the computer to not hang when trying to shutdown/restart ?

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
what kind of ram? are they registered? they have to be if you want all of them to work. you might have to fash bios. what is your FSB? do your ram match the frequency?

<font color=red><b><i>you</i> keep talking and i'll pretend i'm listening.</b></font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Take the garbage memory back and order some PC133 Cas2 from Crucial. PC100 is nothing more than defective or relabled PC133 these days, and cost the same price. Crucial has very good prices on SDRAM, free second day shipping, and makes the most reliable memory in the industry.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?