Mini itx build

Hi folks,

I am building my first from scratch and would love some help/advice/opinions. I will be using it for gaming and media.

ASRock Z77E

INTEL Core i5 Ivy Bridge 3570K - 3.4 GHz - 6 MB L3 Cache

Corsair Vengeance 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB Memory - DIMM 240-pin - 1600 MHz ( PC3-12800 ) - 1.5 V

Crucial 128 GB Internal SSD Serial ATA-600 2.5" M4

BitFenix Prodigy 'Yin' Mini-ITX Cube Case - White/Black [PRODIGY-YIN]

LiteOn IHOS104-06 4x Blu-Ray and DVD Reader

Corsair GS500 Gaming Series 500 Watt ATX PS/2 Power Supply Unit (80 PLUS Certified) Corsair CP-9020005-UK

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 650 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB (7200rpm) SATA 16MB 3.5 inch Hard Drive

2 X Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 LED Edition blue Case fan(to replace standard bitfenix fans)

ZALMAN CNPS 8900 Extreme Processor cooler

Many thanks!
7 answers Last reply
More about mini build
  1. Sorry, should of added, there is smallish scope for increased spending?
  2. that cooler going fit ? not sure of your clearance around cpu to the ram slots and the pci-e slot being 120mm wide, as that case has heaps of room to have tall cpu coolers types might be better options out there
  3. Any suggestions, i thought i may need a low profile but i see your point?
  4. it been designed to take tower type cpu cooler and seen some with Noctua NH-D14 coolers which are not small .

i would be tempted to do away with the wd Caviar and replacing it with a high capacity ssd /hybrid drive or even a laptop hd then remove the front hard drive bays to use a H100 water cooler system mounted in the front, You can mount upto 5x 2.5inch hard drives in there without the cages,
  5. Cheers for the feedback, will the h100 not interfere with where the optical drive? Seen the H60 fits behind the optical drive:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1986/5/
  6. it would if u mounted in the top of the case but i cant see why u couldn't mount it in the front also if the hard drive bays where removed
    best review of the case I've watched was here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOi_vbyKLik
  7. cheers for the link, very informative. Thank you for your help, thinking i will go for 200mm radiator on the front, 1 120mm on the top and the H60 to cool the cpu.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems