  • Connection
  • Bluetooth
Last response: in Brands
January 1, 2005 4:32:35 PM

Hi,

If anyone else is struggling with an Aldi bluetooth headset - 6230
combination loosing the connection after a short period, even at close
range...

I have found it does loose the connection if the connection is started
via the button on the headset, however if you start it via the phone it
holds on to it perfectly....

Menu/ Settings/ Connectivity/ Bluetooth/ Paired Devices>> Select the BT
Headset, then Connect.

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

More about : 6230 aldi bluetooth headset

Anonymous
January 2, 2005 6:18:03 AM

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005, at 13:32:35 [GMT GMT] (00:32:35 Sunday, 2 January 2005
where I live) "Harry Bloomfield" wrote:

> If anyone else is struggling with an Aldi bluetooth headset - 6230
> combination loosing the connection after a short period, even at close
> range...

The Bluetooth in the 6230 seems generally, from what I have read, to be a
problem.

Do you have the latest firmware - 5.26 I think it is?

--
Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings.
Anonymous

John Phillip formulated the question :

> The Bluetooth in the 6230 seems generally, from what I have read, to be a
> problem.
>
> Do you have the latest firmware - 5.26 I think it is?

No, I'm using 4.28 for the moment.

After a 5 hour test, I can now confirm that initiating the connection
from the phone itself retains the connection without problems. Just a
shame it is such a long series of key presses to turn it on via the
phone.

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org
January 2, 2005 6:18:05 AM

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

> Just a shame it is such a long series of key
> presses to turn it on via the phone.

A "Go to" shortcut should help, no?
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 6:18:05 AM

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 18:11:33 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
<harry.m1bytNOSPAM@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>John Phillip formulated the question :
>

>> The Bluetooth in the 6230 seems generally, from what I have read, to be a
>> problem.
>>
>> Do you have the latest firmware - 5.26 I think it is?
>
>No, I'm using 4.28 for the moment.
>
>After a 5 hour test, I can now confirm that initiating the connection
>from the phone itself retains the connection without problems. Just a
>shame it is such a long series of key presses to turn it on via the
>phone.

I assigned my Bluetooth menu to the right key by using 'personal
shortcuts' so it can be turned on and off with three keystrokes.

Chris
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 3:09:38 AM

You can also assign it a shortcut button on the left menu. My Nokia
6230 does the same thing, but all I have to do is hit the button my
Logitech bluetooth headset and they are instantly connected again. In
some ways I like because it let's me answer the phone without the
headset or simply hit the headset button and you are wireless again.

John

!