dvd-rom drive plays cds but not dvds

After doing a full hp recovery my dvd player wont play
dvds but plays music cds
2 answers Last reply
More about drive plays dvds

    Because you have not installed any DVD software that includes the necessary
    codecs.

    "Chad" <chadnicoleitali@msn.com> wrote in message
    > After doing a full hp recovery my dvd player wont play
    > dvds but plays music cds
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Reinstall your DVD decoding software.. PowerDVD or WinDVD, whichever came
    with your PC.
    www.coribright.com

    "Chad" <chadnicoleitali@msn.com> wrote in message
    > After doing a full hp recovery my dvd player wont play
    > dvds but plays music cds

Drivers DVD Drives Windows XP