drivers problem

i am having trouble with my cdrom and cdrw. i have driver
errors "Windows cannot load the device driver for this
hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
" the same error on both drives. i have tried downloading
drivers with no luck. i am running windows xppro. the
drives are as follows.. cd rom compaq cd-rom 8402b and
cdrw...lg ced 8080b.. any help you could give with these
drivers would be great.

thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about drivers problem

    See Alex Nichol's article at:
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
    www.coribright.com

    "james jones" <spaz19732002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >i am having trouble with my cdrom and cdrw. i have driver
    > errors "Windows cannot load the device driver for this
    > hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
    > " the same error on both drives. i have tried downloading
    > drivers with no luck. i am running windows xppro. the
    > drives are as follows.. cd rom compaq cd-rom 8402b and
    > cdrw...lg ced 8080b.. any help you could give with these
    > drivers would be great.
    >
    > thanks

Drivers Device Driver Windows XP