BSOD Kernel power 41

minilizzard

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
hello im pretty new to computer stuff, learning quickly thow read alot of forms did not find any that helped. Anyways I built a pc a few months ago with a friends help here is my setup

MoBo-asus M5A97
CPU-AMD phenom ii X2 black edition
Grafix-Radeon HD 6870
PowerS.-antec 650W
SSD-Patriot pyro 60 gig
OS-Windows 7

my problem is that my pc will lock up and BSOD i get a kernel power error event 41 meaning that it did not shut down properly. it locks up when im gaming (mostly league of legends) and when i have skype open. but i know its not cuz of skype cuz its happins with google talk to.I have reinstalled all my drivers updated my bios and my SSD firmware. disabled the double sound driver trick did not work. It is very strange to me cuz when it locks up during games there is still motion i can see what is going on just my mouse and keyboard stop working and shortly later i get the BSOD plz help me if u have any ideas on how to fix this

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Welcome into make it your self club
I see 1 problem, thou not related, amd 6870 will bottleneck your X2 cpu,
Miss match big Power supply and good GPU but then crippled dual core x2

Sadly Kernel power 41, don't mean much over the web it can be any hardware or software installed.

Got to check your temperatures first, as You mention gaming gpu can freeze and leave you with mouse to move around until you restart.

minilizzard

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
yeah i know the 2x bottle neck i have unlocked it to a 4x thats the reason i bought the M5A97 its has and easy CPU unlock clickly thingy, i have an asus suite II it moniters my temps and let me know if it gets hot unfortunately i can not see it when it locks up but i get not notifications, when it locks up i am NOT able to use mouse or keyboard.
and i have got this since i have last posted after i ran mem test again for giggles on reboot

STOP: 0x000000F4 (0X00000000000000003,0XFFFFFA800B5BeB30, 0XFFFFFA800B5BE10,0XFFFFF(it rebooted so i lost this part)............

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
browsed web a bit, and it seem like hardware problem error, my big first would be SSD, but then again anything can cause it.
if you can remove everything from motherboard,(just HD and Motherboard), (also check battery and test it) and try to see if error happen

minilizzard

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
kewl i have three hard drives i was trying to figure out how to boot off one of the others without having to reinstall windows i dont know how exactly but i think i can figure it out. are u talkin about the MoBO battery?(lol what other battery)that would case problems like this?

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
ya kinda off beat but i seen cases of dead mobo battery making "short" i guess and causing restart and freeze
(rare, but i got spoiled meat in super market before lol, anything can happen)

ya removing battery, Motherboard wont remember settings if unplugged but it will eliminate it as suspect
(i also remember those that looked like 2aa batteries in mac's, and some p1 that leaked and destroyed motherboard, but that was in 95's lol)

minilizzard

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
yeah i have ruled out the battery i left it unplugged all night and it kept my bios settings so i just changed a SATA cable goin to my SSD im gonna try running that for a bit see if i get any more errors i think im gonna look up patriots website to see if the have a SSD diagnostic tool of sorts see if its my ssd even thow i have updated the firmware

minilizzard

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
well i found no support for my harddrive on patriots website to see if it had errors while i was browsing i got this little present 0X0000007A (0X0000000000000020,0xffffffffc000009D,0XfffffA800A9F7078,0X0000000000000000

minilizzard

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012

Thanks for not helping me u are a retard BTW a battery come on man so stupid. i found the problem guess what it was not the battery

Bug Check 0x7A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.

In this case, the second parameter describes the type of error. In your case, this is 9D, which translates to:

0xC000009D, or STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED, indicates defective or loose cabling, termination, or that the controller does not see the hard disk.

This is looking like a HDD/RAM related problem, though I can't rule out the HDD's firmware/drivers yet.

Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

Not much too add for this one. Probably caused by the same issue that caused the other BSOD.

In the meantime, might want to make sure the HDD firmware/drivers are up to date. Checking RAM with memtest86/prime95 also would be a good step.

minilizzard

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
duxducis knows nothing BTW other gamerk316 actually has knowledge. i am just learning this PC stuff thanks for the info gamerk316 i did replaced the SATA cables on my SSD and cuz i thought that might be the issue after researching it and not just guessing about really ridiculous things. i ran mem test passed but had some bad RAM that i had laying around and thought i would throw it in and see if it worked and thats why it crashed that time. But now i have just re did me OS because of another problem i could not figure out i was thinking it might be registry errors from BSOD so much but i have found that its my AMD high definition device that is failing i have reinstalled it three times updated it and nothing works so i am now once again at a loss after fixing my BSOD problem now i have no sound but lesson learned dont let your friend who says he know computers build u a PC