Wraith Byways question

Last response: in Video Games
July 24, 2005 5:15:25 AM

Hi all,

I have a Wraith : The Oblivion question.

I was wondering : does the same byway always look the same ? Say a
byway from Necropolis A to Renegeade Lair X is shaped like a dirt road,
will it then always be the same dirt road, or can it be a railroad next
and then a river and.... ? A bit difficult to arrange transportation if
is doesn't remain the same, I imagine. A relic car would be useless if
the familiar byway suddenly turned out to be a rainbow or meandering
river.

Also, is Styiga only accessible through the Sea of Sorrows ? Is the
only shape byways to Stygia can take that of a waterway ? Does getting
from Necropolis A to Stygia always involve travel over water ?

Thanks in advance !
AE.

More about : wraith byways question

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 10:28:52 PM

AEnigma wrote:
> I have a Wraith : The Oblivion question.
>
> I was wondering : does the same byway always look the same ? Say a
> byway from Necropolis A to Renegeade Lair X is shaped like a dirt road,
> will it then always be the same dirt road, or can it be a railroad next
> and then a river and.... ? A bit difficult to arrange transportation if
> is doesn't remain the same, I imagine. A relic car would be useless if
> the familiar byway suddenly turned out to be a rainbow or meandering
> river.

For as long as the byway remains intact, it remains the same. At least,
that's my interpretation. If the byway is torn down and later rebuilt,
it may be rebuilt differently though.

> Also, is Styiga only accessible through the Sea of Sorrows ? Is the
> only shape byways to Stygia can take that of a waterway ? Does getting
> from Necropolis A to Stygia always involve travel over water ?

Stygia is a little confusing to me, so the short answer is "I don't
know." It is my impression, however, that all known byways leading in
to Stygia are waterways (with the notable exception of the Veinous
Stair.) This is not to say that one couldn't build a non-water byway,
just that it hasn't been done to date.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 3:48:06 AM

Thank you Stephen, that is helpful. Now to start that Chronicle ;) .

AE.
!