Sign in with
Your question

Monitor or graphics problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 6, 2012 2:19:08 PM

Hi guys

I dont know if this is the right place or if anyone can help me out here. I have 2 monitor setup (both different manufacturer) and the screens both have a kind of grey pixely banding on them its hard to explain but im pretty sure its not a problem with the screens because its happening on both. Its only just started happening this last week its never got any worse or dissapeard just there all the time. I was wondering wether its either the connection leads or maybe the graphics card is failing in some way.

Here's a picture of it might be hard to see but its like patches of lots of grey dots.

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 6, 2012 3:05:40 PM

Well, it's definitely not the connection leads. Those are organized multi-pixel geometric patterns, not random artifacts. Does this happen only in games?
October 6, 2012 3:38:55 PM

Hi there thanks for you reply yes it seems to be only in games. I think i have found the problem now and its a software not a hardware issue so sorry for wasting ur time. Ive only been playing one game this week world of warcraft.

I have just tried skyrim and there is definately no problems there so it must be just in world of warcraft that there is a graphics issue. I think ill try fiddleing with the settings see if there is something specific thats causing it and maybe try their support forums to see if anyone else has the same issue.

My gfx card is a zotac gtx 260 so its pretty old and is still running on dx9 so maybe there is an issue there was thinking of upgrading to a gtx 560ti but want to find out the problem before i upgrade.

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 6, 2012 3:44:59 PM

Sounds good.
!