Tell me about your character!

Well?
6 answers Last reply
More about tell character
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Hand-of-Omega wrote:

    > Well?

    The next Mage: the Awakening character I'm playing is "Jack" from the preview
    game Gloria Mundi. I plan to play him in Tim Powers style a la "Last Call".

    --
    Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
    What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you

    Berawler: Is there any sanity or light left in this shrivelled husk of a world?
    SingingDancingMoose: There was, but we had to trade it in for the internet.
    Berawler: That is quite possibly the best response to any question ever.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Hand-of-Omega wrote:
    > Well?

    I was recently in an /Exalted/ game that lasted all of three sessions.
    Bleah. I had an Eclipse character in that game, but honestly he did not
    get a chance to grow or develop very much. Instead, I shall tell you
    about the PCs in the game I am running:

    Shadow of the Mountain: Born to a patrician family in the Realm, Catala
    Rakaan was an Immaculate monk until he was Chosen by the Unconquered
    Sun; he still favors Earth Dragon Style, and carries a white jade
    goremaul. Now, as a Zenith Caste, moves through the South, where he
    continues to play the role of itinerant monk... but there are subtle
    heresies in his sermons that nudge his listeners toward worship of the
    Incarnae, and especially the Sun, instead of solely the Dragons. Shadow
    of the Mountain adopted his new name from the Imperial Mountain, in
    whose shadow he grew, trained, and Exalted. He is more-or-less the
    leader of the Circle.

    Nellens Riann: Like Mountain-Shadow, Riann was born in the Realm. She,
    however, hailed from a Great House (even if it is less Great than the
    others). Recruited to a cabal of hidden assassins who keep society whole
    and healthy by murdering corrupt government officials, she trained her
    stealth and archery skills to the pinnacle of human perfection. Though
    has since Exalted as one of the Night Caste, Riann continues passing
    judgments on the corrupt and the unclean, and still maintains genial
    relations with her mentor in the Realm.

    Longstrider: Before Exaltation, Longstrider was a thaumaturge, a
    sorcerer-technician in the service of Lookshy. His skill was such that
    he was promoted to the elite gunzosha corps, powered armor infantry who
    almost rival the Dragon-Blooded. His combination of occult knowledge and
    warrior puissance drew the attention of the gods, and he was Chosen as a
    Twilight Caste. This did not change his life as much as one might think;
    the bond between brothers-in-arms are strong indeed. A few of his
    superiors know of his "condition," and have provided a cover story:
    Officially, he is field-testing a prototype suit of gunzosha armor. (Of
    course, the "prototype" is actually an ordinary gunzosha suit with a
    slightly different paint job, but it's not like an average person would
    be able to tell the difference anyway.)

    Rain: A wolf-totem Lunar. Rain's player had a Dawn Caste, but retired
    him because he wanted to play a werewolf-- and after some considerable
    wheedling, I relented. Rain does not really have much background yet.
    --
    [The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]
    Richard Clayton

    Christopher Adams wrote:
    > Hand-of-Omega wrote:
    > >
    > > Well?
    >
    > The next Mage: the Awakening character I'm playing is "Jack" from the preview
    > game Gloria Mundi. I plan to play him in Tim Powers style a la "Last Call".

    I had the concept for a Mage character who would investigate the
    Paranormal, then actually publish his findings in a popular
    magazine/newsletter, which wasn't something a Mage could do with the
    Technocracy around. Then I realized that the Guardians of the Veil
    would probably come down on him, too. Then I realized that he was
    basically Kolchak the Night Stalker and gave up...^_^;;

    Dex
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Richard Clayton wrote:
    > Hand-of-Omega wrote:
    > > Well?
    >
    > I was recently in an /Exalted/ game that lasted all of three sessions.
    > Bleah. I had an Eclipse character in that game, but honestly he did not
    > get a chance to grow or develop very much. Instead, I shall tell you
    > about the PCs in the game I am running:
    >
    > Shadow of the Mountain: Born to a patrician family in the Realm, Catala
    > Rakaan was an Immaculate monk until he was Chosen by the Unconquered
    > Sun; he still favors Earth Dragon Style, and carries a white jade
    > goremaul.

    Hm. Does he actually use Earth Dragon Style (which he couldn't have
    learned as a mortal, right?), or just uses the forms while powering it
    with Solar essence?

    > Rain: A wolf-totem Lunar. Rain's player had a Dawn Caste, but retired
    > him because he wanted to play a werewolf-- and after some considerable
    > wheedling, I relented. Rain does not really have much background yet.

    "Look, just let me use this Garou I whipped up!"^^

    If a player is using a new character, do you give him a Bonus Point
    boost, so that he starts out on the same level of the other PCs, or
    require him to start from scratch?

    Dex
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Hand-of-Omega wrote:
    > Richard Clayton wrote:
    >
    >>Hand-of-Omega wrote:
    >>
    >>>Well?
    >>
    >> I was recently in an /Exalted/ game that lasted all of three sessions.
    >>Bleah. I had an Eclipse character in that game, but honestly he did not
    >>get a chance to grow or develop very much. Instead, I shall tell you
    >>about the PCs in the game I am running:
    >>
    >> Shadow of the Mountain: Born to a patrician family in the Realm, Catala
    >>Rakaan was an Immaculate monk until he was Chosen by the Unconquered
    >>Sun; he still favors Earth Dragon Style, and carries a white jade
    >>goremaul.
    >
    > Hm. Does he actually use Earth Dragon Style (which he couldn't have
    > learned as a mortal, right?), or just uses the forms while powering it
    > with Solar essence?

    He actually uses Earth Dragon Style, with the Charms. He didn't learn
    the Charms as a mortal, of course. He was tutored by the Gold Faction
    Sidereals for some time after his Exaltation, but he was already
    familiar with the style itself.
    My interpretation of Exalted martial arts is that they have both a
    physical and spiritual component, and practicing the physical style is
    not the same as mastering the Essence flows that allow for superhuman
    feats. You might break boards with your fist, or disable three armed men
    at once, but without Essence-awareness you aren't going to run across
    the surface of a pond or punch somebody from thirty feet away. This
    mirrors real life, where plenty of people study karate, tae kwon do,
    xing yi, and the like, and even though they can accomplish some damned
    impressive things, the wuxia-style special effects just don't work.

    >> Rain: A wolf-totem Lunar. Rain's player had a Dawn Caste, but retired
    >>him because he wanted to play a werewolf-- and after some considerable
    >>wheedling, I relented. Rain does not really have much background yet.
    >
    > "Look, just let me use this Garou I whipped up!"^^

    Pretty much.

    > If a player is using a new character, do you give him a Bonus Point
    > boost, so that he starts out on the same level of the other PCs, or
    > require him to start from scratch?

    I give new players a small amount of "catch up XP" after each session,
    which gradually tapers off. This is more for psychological benefit than
    for the mechanics of the game, however; it makes people FEEL better,
    even if they get a total of 15 catch-up XP while everybody else in the
    group is at 60+ XP.
    --
    [The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]
    Richard Clayton
    "During wars laws are silent." -- Cicero
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    "Hand-of-Omega" <handofomega@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > Well?

    Hrmmm.

    OT: BTw, Hand0of_ Omega. What DId you do with yourself after you
    destroyed the Dalek Mothership? Did you actually make it back to
    Gallifrey? Or did you take a detour? :-)

    Character:

    Nicholai Ivan "Shadowraven" Kraai:

    Twilight Exalted, former assassin in his mortal life. He was
    raisesd in a loveless home, with a foreign mother who was constantly
    cowed by the father more than usual, and a father of Dragon Blood that
    was a very honorable warrior of great sstature, bothphysical and social.
    He derided the fact his son was a mere 5'4", and was very slight of
    build. He kept telling him he would be no great warrior. So when the
    father went off to a war, Nicholai went to train, finding a teacher of
    the assassin arts. His father returned to be assassinated by his own
    son, using a poision that paralized quickly, but killed slowly. He
    looked into his sons eyes as he died, the brownish red orbs of the father
    staring entreatingly into the cold, strangly amethyst orbs of his son.

    When he became exalted, he became more honorable in the sense he
    doesnt do hired killings as much (hardly ever). Wears a buff coat and
    weilds a slayer Khatar. Tends to try to attack swiftly and silently like
    a bird, striking from the darkness (hence his nom deguirre, Shadowraven).

    Nicholai has a dark, angry aura about him (not Exalted Aura, just that
    feeling). When he activates his Exalted powers, he is bathed in a Dark
    purple Aura, which tends to take the shape of a raven around his body.

    Despite his shortish temper towards those that question and second guess
    him, and the fact he tends to be a bit stubborn, and unable to express
    many emotions besides hate, due to his father, Nicholai actually has a
    strong streak of compassion. Often, the money he earned from a killing
    would end up in the coffers of a needy orphanage. It seems his way of
    expressing balance, taking a life, and in return using the money for
    something good.

Games Video Games