Multisupermono

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Just wanted to see if you guys could help me find a good gaming computer build for under $450 without rebates. I do not plan to overclock but will if you recommend it. This as well goes for crossfire. I do not need a monitor or OS and plan to buy very very soon.

Multisupermono

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
I would be able to pay a little extra for this card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131473&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID= or would it make a difference?

lowcountrysmoke

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
I don't understand these 450 bugdet builds.. Just have some patience wait sometime and save some money. Why throw 450$ on a system when u could wait a few months and play your games on high-ultra settings with a way better build??

SingingThroughTheStorm

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
At $450 including OS I would go for something like an i3 + 7850.
With coupons and such you should be able to get it down that far.

Here is a case that is $30 after rebate and free shipping: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139018 That case should be quite nice.

The 7850 2GB Might be a little overkill at 1080P, but it is quite the performer at under $200.
Recently ran Unigine Heaven and OCing the 7850 it nearly had double the FPS of a stock 6850.

SingingThroughTheStorm

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011

Even if you have the money sometimes it is hard to justify throwing a ton at a computer. It just doesn't appeal to some folks.
Much like cars. Some people will go do all kinds of custom exhaust and what-not on a car, but really even if most folks have the money they aren't going to toss money at that kind of thing for their car. It doesn't appeal to them.

I paid around $450 without OS for my about a year ago to my recollection.
All new parts I got an 8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, i3-2100, Sapphire 6850 GPU, H61 Motherboard, DVD Drive, CX430 PSU, NZXT Gamma, and a 500GB Seagate Drive. I would say $450 can get you a plenty decent gaming build.

If you are going for just gaming you could drop the CPU down and pick up a 7850 and have a build that would handle a lot of games quite nicely.

SingingThroughTheStorm

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
GTA 4 was known for being pretty CPU heavy to my recollection. Dropping the GPU down a little and putting a little more into the CPU would probably help there, but it is only one game.

With the Gamma I'll go into what I dislike about it.

Flimsy side panels. They are very floppy and have a lot of bend to them, and I've seen much solider panels.

Width. It simply doesn't seem wide enough. The cable management area causes a lot of difficulty putting the side panel back on even if you run your wires cleanly. I've seen this complaint elsewhere as well if memory serves me. The SATA cable from the HDD going the other direction pushes on the side panel as well. Just seems like it would have benefited from an inch of added width.

Front panel design. This is more of a personal thing. I don't like how the front goes outward, and it being just a flush front end would appear much cleaner.

I just have more faith in Corsair, as well as it being $5 cheaper AR. ;)

SingingThroughTheStorm

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011

It is hard to say due to GTA 4 still being an older game and most benchmarks surrounding it are for older CPU's.
Case wise the issues I have with the Gamma are probably quite prevalent on other cases in this price range (not counting deals or rebates).