Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My First Custom Made Gaming PC: Did I Do Good?

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 28, 2012 10:48:42 PM

Hello,

I recently ordered a custom gaming system from CyberPowerPC. My goal was to configure a PC that is cost-effective and bit more focused on CPU performance, while in below $1000 budget.


------


Here it is:

BLUETOOTH: None

CARE1: Cooler Master Thermal Fusion 400

CARE2: Professional Wiring

CAS: Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Adjustable HDD Cage (Black Color)

CASUPGRADE: None

CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

COOLANT: Standard Coolant

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN: Default case fans

ENGRAVING: None

FA_HDD: None

FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull)

FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

FREEBIE_MB: GIGABYTE GC-WB300D Exclusive Bluetooth 4.0/WiFi PCIe Expansion Card

GLASSES: None

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (64GB Sandisk Sata III Boot Drive + 1 TB Single Drive Only)

IEEE_CARD: None

IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

MB_SRT: None

MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance [Free upgrade from 1600MHz Major Brand])

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE Z77-DS3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (Pro OC Certified)

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OS: Microsoft(R) Windows 8 (64-bit Edition)

OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more)

POWERSUPPLY: 500 Watts - Corsair CX500 V2 80 Plus Certified Power Supply

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card


------


The total price for the system is $856 (Excluding OS and S&H). I will be using this system mostly playing World of Warcraft, Photoshop, Illustrator, AutoCAD and possibly some (short) video renderings. Is there anything I can improve?

Thank you for your time. :) 
November 28, 2012 11:00:03 PM

You did great! For $856, thats a great computer! Good graphics card, CPU, Motherboard, everything! Although, you might want to tweak the graphics card sooner or later. But overall, you did great! I hope you enjoy! :) 
November 28, 2012 11:03:59 PM

For the money you could have built a much better system but for a pre built it isn't bad
Related resources
November 28, 2012 11:10:50 PM

kyledifrancia said:
You did great! For $856, thats a great computer! Good graphics card, CPU, Motherboard, everything! Although, you might want to tweak the graphics card sooner or later. But overall, you did great! I hope you enjoy! :) 


Thank you!

Could you recommend me some Graphics Cards that would go well with my other parts (For future upgrade) ?
November 28, 2012 11:13:21 PM

tiny voices said:
For the money you could have built a much better system but for a pre built it isn't bad


Thanks. :D 
November 28, 2012 11:16:36 PM

smin7 said:
Thank you!

Could you recommend me some Graphics Cards that would go well with my other parts (For future upgrade) ?

Well what is your price range for a graphics card?
November 28, 2012 11:22:36 PM

kyledifrancia said:
Well what is your price range for a graphics card?


I would say $300 ~ $400s, expecting the price goes down to $200s in a year.

And just curious, would my system can handle GTX690? :D 

Thank you.
November 28, 2012 11:30:38 PM

smin7 said:
I would say $300 ~ $400s, expecting the price goes down to $200s in a year.

And just curious, would my system can handle GTX690? :D 

Thank you.

It might be able to. But just to be on the safe side, I highly reccomend the AMD Radeon 7970. Its around $300-$400. But, you can play any game you throw at it on Ultra. :) 
November 28, 2012 11:33:08 PM

kyledifrancia said:
It might be able to. But just to be on the safe side, I highly reccomend the AMD Radeon 7970. Its around $300-$400. But, you can play any game you throw at it on Ultra. :) 


OK, thank you very much! :) 
November 28, 2012 11:34:50 PM

smin7 said:
OK, thank you very much! :) 

You are so very welcome. :)  If you have any other questions, please let me know. I build gaming pc rigs so I got all of the information you need. :)  Im your #1 Man :) 
January 27, 2014 6:33:01 AM

nah i would rather go with gtx 770. its only 320$ and in many cases faster than a 7970. plus you also get all the nvidia exclusive features such as game optimizing,txaa,physx etc
January 27, 2014 6:37:51 AM

Your PSU is not the best for a high end GPU. The CX line from Corsair isn't great and 500w is technically fine for a gtx770, but personally I would not risk it. I had a cx600 ruin my first computer build. I would change the PSU to an XFX 550 or XFX650. MUCH better quality for great prices.
!