Sign in with
Your question

Were can i get a xfx hd 6870 with the lifetime warrenty?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 6, 2012 10:31:07 PM

im just looking for a hd 6870 card with lifetime warrenty so if it breaks i can get a replacement without spending another £125 ish

i have found loads of xfx 6870's but how do i know that if i purchase any of them that i will get the lifetime warranty on it? surely if the company selling it had already had it for 30days and they had nor regestered the product with xfx then the lifetime warranty would no longer be able to be activated?
a b U Graphics card
October 7, 2012 12:25:41 AM

you just cant. manufacturers almost never offer lifetime warranty other than pny
Related resources
a c 106 U Graphics card
October 7, 2012 12:34:17 AM

how the life time warranty works i would think is that when a retailer sells you a gpu, a code comes in the box that would ask you to register online so that it is cataloged on their servers. XFX comes with 1 life time warranty(first break, they give you 1 replacement, then no replacements after that)
a c 106 U Graphics card
October 7, 2012 12:35:51 AM

lunyone said:
They have "Lifetime Limited" warranty on the card below from Newegg, so I'm not sure if that is what your looking for?
XFX Double D HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Not sure what the "Limited Lifetime" warranty covers (currently looking into it).

'

i would assume limited lifetime was sorta what i was saying, as its life till the first incident, and thats your last warranty card. your warranty ends after receiving the 2nd card.
October 7, 2012 12:46:16 AM

or perhaps it means when you die the warranty runs out...
a c 106 U Graphics card
October 7, 2012 12:52:40 AM

samraptor said:
or perhaps it means when you die the warranty runs out...

a company cant do a human lifetime guarantee only because it would have costed them more in the long run. if a company truly did offer real lifetime, then some users would abuse it and purposefully break their gpu in order to get a replacement. no tech company can really offer for your lifetime guarantee as sending off parts gets pricey. especially over a human lifetime.
!