Hey Guys, I need some advice on my new build and would like a few tech questions answered
1st here is the build. Budget is around $2500
- Intel Core i7 3770K
- ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard or ASUS P8Z77-V-PRO Thunderbolt Motherboard
- Enermax Fulmo GT Big Tower Case - (This case for the cable management, airflow and large amount of HDD space, will take other suggestions)
- G.Skill Ares F3-2133C11Q-16GAO 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3
- Corsair Hydro Series H80 CPU Cooler
- 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II
- Enermax Revolution 87+ 1000W 80Plus Gold
Now In regards to the motherboard. I need one to support SLI obviously but with 2 PCIe slots at 16x speed. Does this board do it or can you suggest a better one. (i want to stay with ASUS for the board)
Also how many SLI Bridges do i need to connect the cards? 1 or 2?
Money really isn't top priority. A solidly fast and compatible system that will last is the main focus. I don't mind spending a little extra or saving a little haha.
i5 is all you need for gaming 1% difference in gaming and that is just the faster clock. get an the h80 has a new version the h80i. Only need 8gb of ram for gaming. for two graphics card you only need 750w of power i would recommend a corsair hx750. Also i would say get a ssd but you don't have any listed hard drives they are wicked fast like a 128gb or 256gb. On the cas i would drop down to like a corsair 650d, 600t, or c70. Corsair is just a really good brand thats all.