Sign in with
Your question

First build ever, budget gaming rig help needed

Last response: in Systems
November 28, 2012 11:42:01 PM

i had a thread before but it got buried and i stopped getting replies. so sorry, but here i am with the new one. i got basically what i need, in terms of parts.

the build is as follows (it is a $400 build)

CPU: Intel Pentium G860 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($67.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: AMD Entertainment Edition 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($9.98 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($101.97 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Tempest 210 ATX Mid Tower Case ($43.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Rosewill Green 630W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $389.88

what i needed to know is what if any cooling i needed (the person who helped me build this didn't include any, and i didn't know if the fans in the case will be enough)

i also need a good cheap power-line adapter because this will be upstairs and my router is in another desktop downstairs, and i cant run a cable all the way upstairs.
November 29, 2012 12:00:31 AM

-there are no cheap power line adaptors. they are all about 50 bucks +
-your prices are irrelevant since the last time you posted

something like this works a tad better
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/q2QJ

just remember that paying 5 bucks more and you can get a fractal arc midi which is a much more superior case
m
l
November 29, 2012 12:08:29 AM

what do you mean they are ivvelevent? thats basically what i can afford. and some of your parts are actually more expensive and dont offer that much of a boost. like the harddrive you picked. mine is $50 and is a 1TB and yours is $55 for 500GB. the ram you choose is WAY more expensive, my PSU is only a little bit more expensive for MUCH more wattage...and whats so much better about your case.

dont mean to like shout at you but from what i can see my build is a lot better than yours

and if they are all $50 dollars then i guess i have to pay $50 because that is the only way i can connect my PC without using wireless, which i will most defiantly NOT use. can you recommend one for around $50? i have never dealt with them before so i dont really know much about whats good or whatever
m
l
Related resources
November 29, 2012 12:17:37 AM

its irrelevant since they are last weeks prices. prices change so often i have different recommendations every day

-find that motherboard and hard drive at the price now
-your psu is junk. seasonic is the way to go
-because it uses thicker steel panels and does not flex like other budget options. antec makes very good budget cases. your tempest 210 is now 60 something dollars.
-and if you want to spend 5 bucks more on the case, the fractal is even better than the antec

this kit is for 63 bucks. good enough for one computer
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=57302&vpn=TPL-401E2K&m...
m
l
November 30, 2012 12:28:16 AM

alright, i was not aware that prices can change so rapidly. i will not worry about parts until i am actually ready to build one, i was planning out what to buy while still collecting a few paychecks, so i will be doing the parts stuff in about a month.

you said my PSU is junk, what makes a PSU crappy? it seemed to have more watts then yours, so im not sure what the problem is

i will probably be picking up a powerline adapter sooner rather than later though so i can figure out exactly how they work (first time useing one) and other stuff like that.

i will just have to wait until the prices go down at some point because i really dont want to go over my $400 dollar parts budget, because i will have to get a new monitor and OS as well and that alone is another $200-$250
m
l
!