Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

AMD Display Driver Crashing every few minutes when gaming.

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gaming
  • Games
  • AMD
  • Graphics
  • Product
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics Cards
October 7, 2012 12:36:19 AM

When I am playing games, my display driver crashes every few minutes. The temperatures are regular. It is really annoying, does anyone know how to fix it?

More about : amd display driver crashing minutes gaming

a b U Graphics card
October 7, 2012 12:51:15 AM

Perhaps you´ve done that, but I have to ask you if you update the driver.

m
l
October 7, 2012 1:27:14 AM

voiidwulf said:
When I am playing games, my display driver crashes every few minutes. The temperatures are regular. It is really annoying, does anyone know how to fix it?

try lowering the core clock of the graphics card.
and make sure that you have the newest drivers.
m
l
Related resources
a c 411 U Graphics card
a c 334 4 Gaming
a c 203 À AMD
October 7, 2012 1:42:17 AM

If you updated the graphics driver, then they reverting back to the version you were using before.
m
l
October 7, 2012 2:00:15 AM

Has this always been happening or just started.

I know with older AMD/Ati drivers that they say that the driver stopped responding and recovered. It can also be cause by a weak power supply. Judging by your se up I would assume you have at least 750W.
m
l
October 7, 2012 3:46:02 AM

Yeah, it says something like
"The driver "AMD Display Driver" stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I have the latest drivers.

Oddly, I had it OCed to 3MHz on the clock, and I lowered it back down to 1GHz and now it isn't happening. I guess that'll work for now, but it seems odd that a tiny overclock could crash my driver every few minutes.

I only have a 460W PSU, lol. :p 
I'm planning on upgrading it soon.
m
l
October 7, 2012 4:01:17 AM

voiidwulf said:
Yeah, it says something like
"The driver "AMD Display Driver" stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I have the latest drivers.

Oddly, I had it OCed to 3MHz on the clock, and I lowered it back down to 1GHz and now it isn't happening. I guess that'll work for now, but it seems odd that a tiny overclock could crash my driver every few minutes.

I only have a 460W PSU, lol. :p 
I'm planning on upgrading it soon.

glad it stopped.
as for an upgrade the tx650,xfx core edition 650,seasonic m12II SS-650AM can all output most of their rated wattage on the 12v rail.
636 watts for the tx650 on the 12v.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
currently though the tx650 is priced best at $89.99.although they all have 53A on the 12v rail.
m
l
October 7, 2012 8:53:59 PM

It's happening again. -_-

I'll try downgrading the drivers.
m
l
October 7, 2012 9:02:11 PM

voiidwulf said:
It's happening again. -_-

I'll try downgrading the drivers.

try underclocking a bit more?
maybe to 950 mhz.
also try underclocking the memory a bit.
m
l
October 7, 2012 9:17:10 PM

not because i think that its because of this, but exactly what games are you playing and at what settings are they on, because your setup looks great except that i dont know what op your running, is it windows 7?
m
l
October 7, 2012 9:38:02 PM

Alright, I'll underclock it a little. I am running Windows 7. It happens in all my games, but some examples are: Fallout 3, Minecraft, Terraria, Blacklight: Retribution, CoD MW3.
m
l
October 8, 2012 12:38:08 AM

remove the drivers and clean your pc from driver fragment using cc cleaner or
driver sweeper and do a fresh install, its definitely a driver issue
m
l
October 8, 2012 4:54:10 AM

I uninstalled the drivers, and now I've had a blank black screen for about 5 minutes. Is that supposed to happen?

Da fuq, the computer finally turned off, and when it turned back on my resolution was really low, which makes sense. Few seconds later the thing popped up in the bottom right and said "Installing Device Driver Software" so I waited, and then it restarted my computer and I was back at 12.8 with the proper resolution and whatnot. Did anything even happen? Lol.
m
l
October 8, 2012 12:08:09 PM

yes thats supose to. you may try to use VC stability utility softwares to check if its okey now. or you may try your game.
m
l
October 8, 2012 12:13:00 PM

i read you said it was back with 12.8 again, w/c means that still a driver that was not removed. maybe you did not sweep clean your drivers.uninstall until a generic driver is installed by windows. then you need a fresh install of drivers from amd
m
l
October 8, 2012 3:56:39 PM

Alright, I uninstalled it, ran driversweeper, rebooted and now I'm installing Catalyst again. Windows didn't automatically install it, which I assume is good.
m
l
October 9, 2012 12:50:23 PM

It just doesn't auto install if you uninstalled it.

Likely it is remains from you last driver.
m
l